Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stretched to the browser elements not pushing - overlapping

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please help me here if there is any solution? So far I haven't found one. On my responsive website, the elements which are set to 'stretch to browser width' will not be pushed by other elements above (they are all unpinned). As you might be aware we can't group these objects to react together.  When resizing the browser the text box will overlap the streched photo/coloured box. Does it mean I can't use images, coloured boxes stretched to the browsers if they can't be responsive? Then what it is the point of having this feature? (I didn't have this problem before the recent updates). Is the answer having lots of breakpoints- WHich I don't think it should be the answer, if I go a bit below 960, it starts overlapping.

Looking forward to hearing your answers...

Thanks,

Umay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

The solution is quite simple:

You have grouped the text boxes. and this group overlaps the rectangle/image elements between.

• Solution: Simply ungroup the text boxes (shift+cmd+G), and start celebrating christmas!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This normally works perfectly, as long as the elements don’t overlap initially or one of the elements (or both) aren’t pinned to a browser position (= 6 dot pinning icon).

Please give as a small(!!) .muse file with only a few showing your issue (-> Dropbox, CC Files, …). Please follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the file @Günter https://adobe.ly/2Bdgf45  Thanks for looking into this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is quite simple:

You have grouped the text boxes. and this group overlaps the rectangle/image elements between.

• Solution: Simply ungroup the text boxes (shift+cmd+G), and start celebrating christmas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I'm going mad! I grouped them to try a solution for overlapping- they weren't before, and tried it for dozens of times! I'm still suspicious but, thank you,  relieved that there will be a solution for such a problem if it happens again! Yeah, Happy Christmas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines