Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submenu above Menu?

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have created a menu where there are submenus involved. Since my menu is at the bottom of the page, I want the submenu to be on top when they click on the menu item. However, Muse won't let me drag my submenu on top of my menu item - it keeps it on the bottom. Does anyone have any ways this can be done?

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 3.27.56 PM.png

(I want "awards" and "our team" submenu items to be displayed on top of the "About"  menu item - how??)

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

The problem is apparently, that menus, which open upwards, conflict with pinning a menu widget to browser bottom, as you did it.

But pinning shouldn’t be necessary, if you use the „Footer“ property (what you didn’t) and set the footer to „Sticky“ (page properties). In this case, your menus work as expected.

If you want to use browser pinning to the bottom, you unfortunately can’t use upwards opening menus at the same time.

Just look at this corrected .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iec8u4cgdz3g4sh/Cornerstone_Mod.muse?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is possible.

Look at this small screencast:

Two important hints:

1. Reposition the submenus after having done all size and position related stylings. If you reposition your menu and go on modifying for example the width or height of your submenu, it will jump back to its original position under the parent menu.
  2. If you want a different sequence of the submenu entries and you don’t want to use a manual menu, you have to re-sort the order of the pages in plan view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, moving their position this way works. However, after I hit preview, the submenus return to below. But in the Master page, they are displayed above. See picture for clarification. Is there another button I need to use to lock it into place?Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 4.09.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-10 at 4.09.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload a small(!) sample file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service, post the download link here, and we will have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is apparently, that menus, which open upwards, conflict with pinning a menu widget to browser bottom, as you did it.

But pinning shouldn’t be necessary, if you use the „Footer“ property (what you didn’t) and set the footer to „Sticky“ (page properties). In this case, your menus work as expected.

If you want to use browser pinning to the bottom, you unfortunately can’t use upwards opening menus at the same time.

Just look at this corrected .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iec8u4cgdz3g4sh/Cornerstone_Mod.muse?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're amazing! Thank you so much - this helps a ton!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines