Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submenu Arrow

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the positioning of the submenu arrow. I have a stroke on the button, and when I rollover, the submenu arrow is on top of the stroke. I need to move the arrow a few pixels to the left, but I cant seem to work out how. When I try to move it, the whole menu moves, although I only have the arrow selected.

Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

As I said: Your issues may have different reason. One is, that the stroke perhaps is set „inside“. You may correct this by setting the stroke „outside“ the menu item container.

You can select one menu item open the „Spacing“ panel and choose appropriate values:

Screen.jpg

The „rounded corner are rounded corners, because you set the menu items to have rounded corners, or – more probably – behind your menu is a rectangle, which has rounded corners assigned.

It these infos don’t work for you: Please read my las

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please give as a very simple .muse file to see, what exactly you mean. Only the menu and no other element. Without this, it is very time consuming, to help. There are at least 3 different ways to add a stroke.

To upload the example .muse, please follow this instruction: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I'm too dumb to copy the menu to a blank page. Only 1 button pastes over. Here is a jpeg from my problem...

menu.jpg

see what I mean?

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and while youre here, can you tell me what this funny rounded shadow thing is behind the menu?

menu2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said: Your issues may have different reason. One is, that the stroke perhaps is set „inside“. You may correct this by setting the stroke „outside“ the menu item container.

You can select one menu item open the „Spacing“ panel and choose appropriate values:

Screen.jpg

The „rounded corner are rounded corners, because you set the menu items to have rounded corners, or – more probably – behind your menu is a rectangle, which has rounded corners assigned.

It these infos don’t work for you: Please read my last post again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah sorry, when I copy the whole menu into a new page, just 1 button copies.

Here is the whole file so far. It is only 5.38 mb. I hope this is ok.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B84sZoHgMUQUXzBGYnAyaFFjNVU

thanks for the help

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have used system fonts. An absolute „no go“ within menus. Why? Read my last answer here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163

As I said: The stroke is placed inside. Set it outside and/or follow my last post.

These „rounded corners“ Could you please exactly tell, where (page, menu state, …) they appear? You gave us a site with 11 pages and 2 masters. Do you expect us to start a funny search party?

And one more thing: Hope, you have read my first posting and the link, I placed there. If yes: Why, oh why do you give us a 11 page site to have a look at and search your issues?

Additionally I’d suggest, to create one page in the beginning before creating the whole site. There are so many heavy issues on every page, that they definitely won’t work as expected. But this is not the subject in this thread. To solve these issues I recommend to have a very(!) close look at this site: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/muse.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer. The problem was the stroke on the inside. I will do something about the system fonts.

As I have explained twice now, the menu would not completely copy. That's why I had to sent the whole site.

Schöne Tag noch...

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. A new site has only one page. But even with one menu entry the issue is reproducible.

And: If you give us the complete site, why not delete all elements on your pages? That difficult?

The rounded corner issue isn’t solved yet. Isn’t it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not as difficult as your attitude.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RoughEnough  schrieb

Not as difficult as your attitude.

If

• you’d try to assist other Muse users, and everyone of these sends you the whole site to look at, and
  • if you’d create an extra document to avoid this and try to explain in simple words, why it is very painful to debug such a site and even not always helpful for the questioner himself, and
  • the questioner doesn’t take a minute to read this document or tries to cooperate with the helper,

then

• you would see, how frustrating it can be, to have a tiny, simple issue, but are forced to act like a beggar to be supplied with the necessary informations.

And if the questioner then get the correct information and nevertheless complains about whatever „attitude“, then, I think, it would be time, to question one’s own attitude towards people, which you yourself asked to assist. (By the way: Could you please explain, what kind of „attitude" you dislike? I am not aware of any offending or impolite statement.)

Nevertheless: I really recommend you to follow my annotation in post # 6, if you really want to create a working site. Believe me: Not an offence at all, simply a well-meaning hint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines