• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submenu relative to top level menu item

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to let Adobe Muse generate a submenu based of a top level menu item?

For example. Lets say this my menu:

• Item 1
  • Item 2
    • Sub item 2.1
    • Sub item 2.2
    • Sub item 2.3
  • Item 3

When creating a new menu from the menu widget you can choose as option menu type Top Level Pages, All Pages and Manual. What i want is that i can select a Top Level Menu item and grab all it's sub menu items (sub item 2.1, sub item 2.2 & sub item 2.3 in the example) and make a menu of it. So only see these sub menu items as a menu.

Can this be done? And how?
And if not: Adobe, please make this a thing when you update Muse, thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Hey Zeror_rk,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and idea.

I suggest you post this on our UserVoice forum - Adobe Muse: Ideas: Hot (294 ideas) – Adobe Muse CC: Feature Ideas.

Best Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these kinds of hierarchical menus doable? Well, it depends …

They are very easy to build manually, using states buttons for example.

But you can create (semi)automatic versions too::

Here is the corresponding „quick and dirty“ sample .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5zztwxokdhbhu3/Hierarchical-menus.muse?dl=0

The rest is nothing but a matter of styling.

Be aware, that the first and the second variant only are partially responsive, but normally this doesn’t matter with this kind of menu: They are set to fixed width, because making them responsive, the menu entries certainly would flow into a second line – what isn’t desirable.

Just try to figure out, how they are done. If you don’t succeed, just ask!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that example document.

I am familiar with the manual method of doing these things. I was just curious if there was a way to do this automatically by generating them, like the top level menu items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be really nice, if you tell us in advance, what you have already tried. This would save lots of time for us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I was kinda expecting that the menu widget of Muse could do what i wanted, cause i familiar it can do so with the top level menu items.

It would be very helpful if Adobe added this into the current Menu widget in the future. In the Menu Type dropdown (has currently: Top Level Pages, All Pages and Manual) there could be an option where you can choose for a fourth option called Sub Level Pages. Selecting this, shows an extra dropdown menu where you can choose any (top level or sub) page that has children attached to it. In my example from the first post it would show only Item 2. Choosing this Item 2 makes a menu of all children of Item 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Zeror_rk,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and idea.

I suggest you post this on our UserVoice forum - Adobe Muse: Ideas: Hot (294 ideas) – Adobe Muse CC: Feature Ideas.

Best Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines