Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sudden php error with contact form

Engaged ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I received a php error message when I uploaded a website (see attachment). Here are the facts:

- site is hosted via businesscatalyst

- there was no error during the time when the "coming soon" site was on air instead

- there was no error during the time I had used businesscatalyst as a test server (address used: pixelisland.businesscatalyst.com)

- it occured only after uploading to it's real address www.pixel-island.de (via businesscatalyst)

Where is the mistake?

Thanks,

bartl

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-10 um 10.55.05.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey bartl,

Can you please show us the step by step procedure followed by you for uploading the site.

You can share this via screenshots.

I guess there is some miss while exporting the site.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

thank you for helping. Here are the steps I made:

I was uploading the site via the Muse button right hand of the top menu, I selected "publish via ftp host".

In the next steps I filled out the window for the server details, name and password (same data as before for the "coming soon" site),

then selected to upload the whole site, not just the new data.

The error message occured at the end of the upload, so I did it again, the only different thing was I did not upload the whole site but selected to upload new data. Here the error message appeared again. Then I tried the form in the uploaded site to see if there is indeed a problem, and got the same error message.

Just let me know if I can perhaps upload anything additional to the assets folder, or anything else.

Best,

bartl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there is a little confusion!

As you mentioned Initially that the site is being uploaded in Business Catalyst, the process is little different.

Please follow the instructionsh given in this doc - Publish Adobe Muse websites to Business Catalyst.

Let us know if it works for you.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

It is not a trial site and the site is administered via businesscatalyst. The uploading procedure is correct and all worked perfectly so many times before with my other sites. It worked all along, it doesn’t this time. Why? Was anything in the upload procedure changed from your side?

What I did meanwhile: I uploaded it to pixel-island.businesscatalyst.com instead of pixel-island.de. No error message anymore for pixel-island.de (pixel-island.businesscatalyst.com leads directly to pixel-island.de)

…

Best

bartl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be worth contacting Business Catalyst Support; it may be they can provide some script to load into the page that would fix the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi dodger50,

Sounds like a good idea, it might be their issue and not Muse's. I will try.

Best,

bartl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines