• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG Files Not Showing on Published Site

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My site looks as it should when I view in browser, but I've published it and from the site all the SVG files are missing. Any help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

...And the reason of your problem can be that no files used on the site should contain in their names: spaces, special characters and capital letters. Rename all files and relink them. You do not have any files that have the correct name for the web environment.

b1dd42019f.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey vegant,

Apologies for the issue you are facing.

Could you please share the SVG file with us so we can check it in our system?

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652 and send the link to me in a private message.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go: Dropbox - VECA Website copy.muse

thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please tell us

a) which SVG is missing and

b) where it is placed on your site?

Could you additionally follow Ankushr’s request, to „share the SVG file“?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, I accidentally put the muse file into the dropbox instead of the whole folder. I've now updated it with the 'images' and 'media' subfolders that contain the SVGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the SVGs are missing as I mentioned and they are placed in various locations - namely the top left for my logo, on the About page at the bottom, under "Some of our clients" and as a hamburger icon and cross.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. These files are not reachable for us! It is still only a link to your .muse file! And please: Don’t force us to download all your data again, only to recieve a tiny SVG!
  2. You still didn’t tell us where on your site the SVG is placed!
  3. Perhaps it isn’t necessary to link the SVG. You issue is a wide spread problem. Just enter „svg mime“ in the search field of this forum. Generally, I assume, that your hosting provider has issues with the MIME type of SVG images. Look at this: PlanetSVG MIME Type checker​ Perhaps you should contact your hosting provider .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be working here now: Dropbox - VECA Website

All the SVGs are missing as I mentioned and they are placed in various locations - namely the top left for my logo, on the About page at the bottom, under "Some of our clients" and as a hamburger icon and cross.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As expected: The SVGs are working.

Place them onto a new .muse document, upload this site to a free businesscatalyst account (–> „Publish“ button top right of the Muse application window.) and you’ll see.

The problem certainly is the one, I described in post 6, point 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched "svg mime" on the forums and found this as a correct answer:

"

I'm sure you already figured this out, but I copied the following into my .htaccess file in my root folder

AddType image/svg+xml svg

AddType image/svg+xml svgz

AddEncoding x-gzip .svgz

"

Source: SVG images not showing up after publishing it to godaddy

Where can I find my .htaccess file? I can't see it anywhere in my root folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not see the .htaccess file inside your site's root directory, just create it using the tools of your hosting panel (for example, the Create File function).

If there is no such function, create a simple text file htaccess.txt, upload it to the root directory of your site and rename it to .htaccess (the dot is required first).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but it's not working for me, when I rename the txt file (which is .rtf for me because I'm using Mac) is doesn't become a .htmlaccess file. Any way to get around this for Mac users? See attached

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 8.23.11 pm.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is RTF, because you defined it to be! Use the „built in“ application TextEdit, go to its preferences and choose the option to use plain text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not do this on the computer. All that I said you should do on your hosting. The .htaccess file does not work anywhere except for hosting. The file should be called simply .htaccess. Ahead should not be anything like SVG code.htaccess.

If you are exporting your site through the Muse FTP file htaccess should be created automatically inside the root directory of your site on the hosting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't let me rename the text file in my hosting directory, and I can't see any .htaccess file in it... This is so annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I already said: Contact your hosting provider and ask him, to handle SVGs correctly! (You didn‘t tell us, if your test file with SVGs worked on Businesscatalst – just as you didn‘t aswer most of our other questions.)

If you have your own server, look for a person, who understands to set it up correctly.

I think, we can‘t do more for you …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've emailed my hosting provider but they haven't gotten back to me yet as it is 10pm in Australia. The test site with SVGs on businesscatalyst did indeed work as expected. I've now renamed all of my files to fit the criteria that Pavel listed. I still can't rename the text file within my hosting directory to .htaccess. What other questions did I not miss? I apologise if I did miss some by accident. I really do appreciate your help, all three of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Read my post above, about the names of your files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...And the reason of your problem can be that no files used on the site should contain in their names: spaces, special characters and capital letters. Rename all files and relink them. You do not have any files that have the correct name for the web environment.

b1dd42019f.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps Pavel Homeriki​ will assist further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines