Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.SVG to Relink .png Scaling Error

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I change the fitting of the relinked .svg to .png to Scale to Fit

I relinked all my copy and paste .SVG images to named .png's. They are identical to the SVG that were replaced but maybe scaled a little larger for quality reasons.

The issue is when I did Assets > And right clicked to relink the unamed SVG with named .png. The image does not scale correctly now.

At certain break points it seems like my image is stuck on the settings of Original size and I can not figure out how to change it to a Scale To Fit that would keep with my current breakpoints.

I have 60 some pages and like 6 break points each page I do not want to remake.

When I try to change the image from relinked to Fill > Image > It overlays a image in the background of the box before. Then I have two images in one box frame.

How can I solve this with the image that is already in place.

I noticed in a Ctrl+D Image place you do not get the options for fittings either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Im sure that would work... the issue is that then my breakpoints and sizing all get lost with the new image pasted in.

I solved this by keeping all .svg the same and not trying to changed them to named .png files

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey KevinRMachine,

I got your issue as when you relink your existing image frame which was filled with a .svg to a .png image its not scaling as per your settings.

Well, I believe that when you relink it somehow retains the property of the previous image.

Try this - Copy a frame which is correctly scaled by .png then relink it the required image and see if it works.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

If the solution above helped you, can you mark it as correct. Feel free to let us know if you need more help.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sure that would work... the issue is that then my breakpoints and sizing all get lost with the new image pasted in.

I solved this by keeping all .svg the same and not trying to changed them to named .png files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ctrl + Alt + Shift + E changes the fitting of the image to correct to frame. Then I have to select image and repeat the Ctrl + Alt + Shift + E . Good thing is I can select 20 images at once and click through each break point and Ctrl + Alt + Shift + E then they all correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines