• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switched Computers One Site is Missing

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new computer and have been in the process of switching to the new one. I have creative cloud set up to sync but only one of my sites is missing. I can go into my library and get all of the assets but the actual site is gone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Adobe CC doesn't sync .muse files or photoshop actions by default... you have to back these up yourself

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I entirely understand your question, did you save your Muse site into the Creative Cloud Files directory on your previous computer?  Were the CC Files fully synced when you moved to the new computer?

Have you tried searching for a .muse file on your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two of my sites did sync with CC, but the one that I update the most didn't. When I went online and looked at my files and assets it was there, but it wasn't under Files in it's own folder like the others, it was under Libraries.

Yes. I backed everything up to an external drive before even turning on the new computer. Again the other two were right where they were supposed to be in my CC folder.

Now for the hilarious part of the story. I was working with some files in Microsoft Office 2010 and anyone that has ever worked with them knows that when you open and edit one on a new computer, you have to re-save them when they are stored on OneDrive. Long story short, I went to select the file in OneDrive and there it was my missing site pretty as can be just waiting to be found and updated. I thought I was going to have to go through a long difficult process through my hosting site to get the files back. Thank God for Drop Box, which I usually find annoying because of situations like this. It should have never been there anyway, but I'm glad it was. lol

Before I get a bunch of "what a dingbat" comments, I know that you can edit through the browser, thus avoiding the need to keep the files on my hard drive, but I prefer to do it directly in Muse and I just like having my own copy.

Thank you to everyone who answered my question even though I wasn't very clear. I was very frustrated and trying to pull my hair out while I typed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC doesn't sync .muse files or photoshop actions by default... you have to back these up yourself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines