Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync Text changes styles between breakpoints

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone!

I'm trying to create a responsive site with sync text, and if I use the sync text feature, it changes the style of the text for just the same at every breakpoint and it's a big problem.
I'm not using the mobile/tablet layouts, just the responsive breakpoints for a simpler workflow.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Yes, but:

Synched text is a feature to keep the text wording identical on desktop, tablet and phone layout (alternate layouts). You can’t – and never could – change text attributes layout-wise.

I’d suggest, that you don’t use alternate layouts, but different breakpoints (for example: one fixed width breakpoint for desktop, one fixed width breakpoint for tablets and a fluid width breakpoint for phones). Now you can simply achieve what you want by using the „1T/4T“ tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has never been different! Synced text actually supports only one formatting set.

If you want different text formatting of the same text from breakpoint to breakpoint, just have a closer look at the "1T/4T" tool:

IMG_0525.PNG

More informatios here: https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/using/layout-responsive-sites.html (scroll down to "Format text in responsive layout".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using "Format Text On Current Breakpoint" (just size changes), but now that I've made the sync text labels it's not working anymore.

Now I need to change all to a mobile layout I think...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but:

Synched text is a feature to keep the text wording identical on desktop, tablet and phone layout (alternate layouts). You can’t – and never could – change text attributes layout-wise.

I’d suggest, that you don’t use alternate layouts, but different breakpoints (for example: one fixed width breakpoint for desktop, one fixed width breakpoint for tablets and a fluid width breakpoint for phones). Now you can simply achieve what you want by using the „1T/4T“ tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what I'm doing, but for the web update workflow, the text sync was an awesome feature because I just need to change the texts once.

The "demo" web is this one:
www.apapleon.es

I've used the Sync Text for the name/age of the animal, so I don't need to change it twice for every profile but if I can't use it between breakpoints...

I know this kind of web would be easier with WooCommerce/Prestashop, but I've tried time ago and can't design the themes like I want to and the shelter doesn't have extra money for web maintenance, so I'm doing it for free like a volunteer and Muse was the answer

Thank you, Günter, maybe at follow updates the sync option allows different styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope, you understood correctly: Using breakpoints as I suggested, provides this feature "out of the box" without the need of "syncronised text".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've understood, but where I need that "sync" is between a lightbox widget and the texts throw the breakpoints. The only way to use both is to change the design of the text so don't need to change the size between breakpoints.

sync.jpgsync2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines