• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync with Web Version - just hangs, no changes made.

Participant ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When I try to merge changes this is what happens then it stops and hangs. Nothing gets synced. Client has made hundreds of changes to the site through IBE since the site was created in early March. This may have been the muse version prior to the latest one I am using now.

Please help as updates need to be done for the client.

Thanks

Lauren@

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 12.46.17.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Thanks, it’s been resolved. I updated all from my end and uploaded the site again. Told client to upload piece meal not all at once to hopefully avoid the publishing delay issues.

Regards

Lauren Wolff

[details removed ussnorway]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

who is hosting the site i.e, goddady, wordking etc?

does the client have their own copy of the muse file?

100 changes takes time mate... and yes you will need to use the same verson of Muse that made the site or you can lock ibe to the new version. there are lots of difference between Muse 2015 or even 2017 and the current 2018 (not all good) but the site looks ok from my end so go ahead and update it [keep a copy of the old one just in case]

p.s, 45 mins is normal for in browser editing and ime godaddy takes a full day sometimes but sync from a .muse file should happen right away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s, if you must pm me then please use the this ACP account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't have a solution to this problem. Please can someone assist me??  I seem to be locked out of syncing my web version to my local version. There are numerous changes that client has made and now i cannot update my file! I have removed remotely any large files I thought could be stalling this sync but that hasn't helped! I NEED HELP PLEASE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I don`t get informed automatically about messages here, sorry for that.

Hi Lauren,

​1) File names can indeed get critical, you should tech your client about file naming before there are more files to be uploaded.

​2) mp3 Audiofile should be possible to get merged into your muse file I guess.

​3) The only steps I can work with personally to watch your file in my muse, fill in all necessary credentials in order to upload.

​Before that I should get warned, that there are several changes made in IBE and ask me wether to merge it or not.

​     Like this it should be possible to see, if your machine/your muse/your whatsoever has some trouble.

Of course I won`t upload my merged file but would send that merged file back to you so you can handle it.

​4) If all that fails, I could only recommend to watch by yourself in IBE to your clients website and "repair" some/all of these

​     naming issues, you mentioned. Like this you could also try to put that changes to your muse file as well.

I also invite ankushr40215001​ and Preran​ to this . Maybe Adobe Staff members have different/more/better solutions for your issue.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Uwe. Would you like me to send you the file?

Here is the up to date website: http://www.bluerockdiamonds.co.uk with

all up to date client changes. You will see that most of the recent pdf

uploads have full stops in the dates!

Regards

Lauren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

laurenwolff

Thanks Uwe. Would you like me to send you the file?

Thanks UssNorway​ for that hint with muse-themes.

As I am a member of muse-themes as well  it could get to work like this.

We can also invite muse-themes to this – this will take some time, unfortunately.

I cannot help with code, I can only do what I posted earlier to see if my machine can handle that IBE-changes and merge it.

If you like you can send the file via CC and send that link here. If we really need the credentials to get passed, this should be done in pm, of course. Staff from Adobe might need that as well, as soon as one of ankushr40215001 or Preran chimes in here.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe

I think I would like the client to update thePDF file names first in

case that's the problem first I think before I send you my Muse file. I

would like to rule that out first. I'll keep you posted - thanks very much!

Regards

Lauren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, let´s keep in touch.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fotoroeder and Preran

I decided to do all the client's updates and edits again locally and just upload the muse file again with the renamed PDF's. I have told client to name them differently as hoping this was the issue for the merge sync hang and for the clients extremely slow viewing of published edits!

I shall try and merge changes in a week or so and see what happens and let you know.

By the way, clicking on the DONE button in the UI for the IBE edits is faulty in 3 browsers I tried. It either takes very long to accept or doesn't at all. Please would you test this. (Safari, Firefox and Chrome) also when linking a file to a line of text at times the highlighted text disappears when you need to link to it. Please could you test this in the above browsers?

Thanks

Lauren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, was this issue resolved, or do you need more assistance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, it’s been resolved. I updated all from my end and uploaded the site again. Told client to upload piece meal not all at once to hopefully avoid the publishing delay issues.

Regards

Lauren Wolff

[details removed ussnorway]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To contact Adobe tech support, please use this link Contact Customer Care

1. Sign into the page

2. Click Creative Cloud All Apps

3. In the page that appears, click Additional Apps

4. Select Adobe XD

Follow the instructions on the page from there to contact the support team directly.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to do this? Adobe XD I have now downloaded looks like a Design software for making Apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

laurenwolff  wrote

Adobe XD I have now downloaded looks like a Design software for making Apps.

Yes.  XD is a prototyping tool only.  It does not generate any code for you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4. Select Adobe XD

Hi Preran​,  why should she use the Adobe XD?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry Uwe. I wanted the user to select Adobe Muse and not Adobe XD.

Apologies for the delay in my reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran  schrieb

I am so sorry Uwe. I wanted the user to select Adobe Muse and not Adobe XD.

Apologies for the delay in my reply.

Thanks Preran to getting back anyway.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ibe has issues but I don't see any red flags in the code yet; I see a few svg images (they may need renaming), two Musethemes widgets, some typekit and Google scripts... the site is upgraded to 2018

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea

https://forums.adobe.com/people/G%C3%BCnter+Hei%C3%9Fenb%C3%BCttel

Screenshot (1310).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines