• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync with Web version stalls while parsing. Emergency, please help.

Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in a real bind. I am attempting to “Sync with Web Version” for a client that has made numerous changes over the last couple of months, it starts and the dialog moves through parsing the different html files and then it gets to a file called features.html and seems to hang. Dialog reads: Parsing file features.html. I have let it sit for a very long time with nothing happening.

this site is not hosted on BC. it is hosted on MediaTemple through Muse ftp.

site is at www.columbiagorgewine.com

I am using version 2017.0.1 on MacOS 10.12.2

I am going to preemptively send the MuseLog.txt and a link to the Muse file to muse-support@adobe.commuse-support@adobe.com(of course, that didn’t work because of the support system migration. I can send these files to support if you reply here with an address.)

I must resolve this ASAP as there is no practical way for me to sift through the site and determine what the client has changed by hand and the client is very agitated. Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Hi Ryan,

As I stated above, I called adobe and got nowhere. the tech said she was escalating it to a higher up tech and that I would get a call in 48 business hours (like our clients are that patient). I heard nothing back from adobe. zilch.

I don’t know if this is recommended and I would only do it as a very last resort, but I was desperate!

If you are having an identical problem where it is stalling while parsing a file, this is what I did: there is a file on your server called ibe_log.xml. I ma

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try it again and maybe again? Can`t you see the specific content? Normally you see, which files ask for a change in your muse file.

Normally I would just let it go and try as often as necessary. As far as I know, it only changes your muse file and not the uploaded site.

You could then make the new settings you are asked by your client.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried a dozen times so far. letting it process (sitting on the “Parsing file features.html” for as long as 45minutes. the system doesn’t get as far as showing me the content. I have logged out of CC and back in. nothing has worked so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don`t have another idea. Are you able to watch the site content on its ftp-server? Search there for this"Parsing file features.html".

"Google" the issue leads to nice coding stuff, which none of us want to know.

Could you ask "MediaTemple"?

What about uploading your version of the site to a subfolder and try to compare? Maybe this will also help "MediaTemple".

By uploading to a subfolder you could check, if the issue exists on "MediaTemple" side?

If you feel nerdy enough, I propose to compare your original with the existing site.

Keep your head up.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the issue isn’t that I cannot sync with my own desktop version, the issue is that I cannot sync with the actual version that my client has been editing through IBE for months. I was syncing just fine before that for years. I had upgraded to 2017 in the interim. The sync stalls when it gets to the file features.html. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with tech support before they mentioned something about a bug in V2017 and escalated it to a higher up and told me that I should expect a 48 hour (business hours) wait to hear back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I understood completely your lets call it "situation". Maybe it was unwise to upgrade before syncing?

We all can learn from this. I did too – don`t know why we always need pain to learn lessons.

Can´t wait to read about the solution.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hope that it isn’t that I shouldn’t have upgraded. The number of websites that I would no longer have access to would be massive. Once we create these sites, they become living, breathing entities. No one that creates sites for clients can afford to eat the amount of unpaid time to go in sync every client site out there before updating. Both Muse and IBE is supposed to be backward compatible. Thanks for the sympathy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an identical problem.  My client's site is www.ritualforrecovery.com .  If you or anybody has found a solution or work around, please update this thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

As I stated above, I called adobe and got nowhere. the tech said she was escalating it to a higher up tech and that I would get a call in 48 business hours (like our clients are that patient). I heard nothing back from adobe. zilch.

I don’t know if this is recommended and I would only do it as a very last resort, but I was desperate!

If you are having an identical problem where it is stalling while parsing a file, this is what I did: there is a file on your server called ibe_log.xml. I made a back-up of the file just in case and then went in and found the line that had the file that the parsing was stalled on. In my case it was features.html. I deleted that whole line  <file et="1484932701510" path="features.html”/>  in a text editor and saved it back to the server. When I went back to sync, it synced as normal.

I did have to go in and manually replace the edits my client made to the features.html page, so make sure that you have those edits so you can make them in Muse. I simply brought that page up in the browser before syncing and manually matched it. Muse will overwrite that page when you sync again.

good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate the reply.  My response from Adobe was also "Don't you worry one bit! We've escalated this issue, so we'll get back to you!" but no response on when, no help with what I could do in the interim, and no word a week later.  I ended up manually making all the changes my client had made the same as you, which took an entire day of work.  Since making all the changes manually and publishing over her changes, the site has resumed normal sync functionality.  Oh well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would really be a great help from staff members and MVPs and so on, when they could help. ADOBE could really get in touch with these people, this does not really make us feel safe at all. Even you at ADOBE work hard at it, we don´t know. Communication in this case is always better than keep your head stuck in the sand.

In my cases so far I hadn´t had these issues, fortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ditto...same problem and no response...just about to push a new client live and this has stalled things...really disappointed to know that this seems to be an unresolved problem that just has not been addressed....HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word from Technical on this?... I am having the same issue on a page that I have; renamed, cleared and created new text box (they said text box was corrupted) and removed from the xml file... followed all suggestions, none worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all the people having this issue wouldn't be a good option to downgrade your Muse version to the one that worked for you until you hear of a solution, just to get you going and hopefully you saved a back up file on an earlier version, (I also learned this the hard way now I always have a back up in a previous version)

To go backwards to a prior/earlier CC version (downgrade)

Uninstall the Adobe tool using your operating system’s uninstall function… Next, download and run the Adobe Cleaner Tool to ensure it is removed completely.  Reboot your computer.

Download and install the base release of app you want to restore using the special direct links… Use the direct download links for CC 2017 (the current version), CC 2015.5, CC 2015, CC 2014, or CC 2013. Then run the application and make sure it is activated by signing in with your Adobe ID.

For CC 2015 and earlier versions: Download and apply the patch update for the version you want to upgrade your base release to.  We maintain complete sets of all updates available for CC 2015 (Windows or Mac), for CC 2014 (Windows or Mac), and for CC 2013 (Windows or Mac).  Note all patches are cumulative and include earlier updates for that release.

For CC 2015.5 and later versions: All newer installers are full product builds for each version, so no patching or further update is required.

Just trying to help.

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue stuck at index.html.  I went onto the server with cPanel, public_html, File Manager and opened the file ibe_log.xml in edit mode. Then I commented out the line of index.html. Here is the file with commented line:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<ibe>

<log>

<!--<file et="1498197318066" path="index.html"/> -->

<file et="1497864448555" path="images/vredendal-properties-vdl-123-sentraal-8-01.jpg"/>

</log>

</ibe>

Before you work on the server, MAKE A BACKUP OF THE COMPLETE WEBSITE!!!!

The problem now is to manually match any text or images for that page.  First make a copy of the website onto you PC and then work manually from there, download the "changed" images from the server and so the text.  Hope this help.  In my case, I do not want to touch the index file so for me it was not a big issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Well Well - I have came across a major issue. In my previous reply I mentioned the index.html file.  This is what happens:

When I change a link to another anchor on another page via IBE, Publish and later load the website via MUSE, MUSE tells me there is a change and on preview or Merge All MUSE freezes up at the index.html file. Furthermore, removing the index.html line in the ibe_log.xml file (on the server), MUSE perceivable "updates" the website, albeit with still old link - no changes made to the website.

Then I updated the link in MUSE and FTP (modified files only) again to the server and still, the incorrect link.  My only option was to do a full FTP - all files - a time waster.

The next exercise was to change a piece of text using the IBE, publish and the changes was shown in the browser. Then I opened MUSE and yep, there was a change it says, I did a preview and then a merge all and upload - all correct. Then I close the development IDE of the website in MUSE, went back to IBE, change the text back to what it was, publish and log out.  I again open the website in MUSE, yes, there was a change and with merge all changes, MUSE freezes up. I had to kill MUSE with Task manager.

If you have a big website such the Property website I was talking about, it is very dangerous to work this way.  You MUST make a backup and download to your PC.  You can just have some serious issues after 6 months or so when a multitude of IBE's was made.

Good luck to all out there.  MUSE is an excellent WYSIWIG webdesign app , but currently dangerous to our health and happiness...

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, after update the sync will stall.

Only thing to do is force quite Muse open it again and cancel when it wants to sync. It was possible to save and make changes on other pages. It even didn't sync the ones changed on the server and after save and open I did not get any messages from Muse?

But the the server version changed with Inbrowseredit stays the same. But after I did one update at a page which was edited with inbrowser all changes were overwritten with the original Muse file on my desktop. Tried the prerelease but no luck!

So i'm stuck! The Inbrowser CMS of Muse doesn't work anymore after the last update of Muse... I update the file on my server and had a lot of changes since then. So I cannot go back to the old Muse...

Anybody there with a solution??? Or maybe a solution to downgrade my existing file so it will open in the earlier version of Muse that worked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had ongoing problems with IBE and every time tech has reported back that there was a corrupted text box but no explanation of how I can identify this. IBE is just not working and Adobe need to get this resolved.....why introduce the facility if it is not up to standard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines