• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync with web version

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lost the current version of a Muse site but I have an earlier version. I renamed the old version something like "xyz_site-sync-with-web" to differentiate it as I try to do this process. I tried to use the "Sync with web version" feature thinking I could match up the files and make changes I need. But it gives me this error message:  "Could not sign in because the associated Business Catalyst site is not available to this user." What is that about? I am the only associated user. Can someone help please? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Do I understand correctly: You uploaded a Muse site to BC and you now want to sync these files back from BC into a .muse document, which is older than the one, from which the content was uploaded to BC? This won‘t be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I understand correctly: You uploaded a Muse site to BC and you now want to sync these files back from BC into a .muse document, which is older than the one, from which the content was uploaded to BC? This won‘t be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, then can you tell me in what circumstance it IS possible to sync the web version with "another" muse file? Does it have to be a new "empty" muse file file? It's an option in the system, so there has to be a circumstance where it does work. And why am I getting that error message that seems to be addressing a user issue rather than a file issue? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AttaGirl  wrote

Ok, then can you tell me in what circumstance it IS possible to sync the web version with "another" muse file?

sync is used when you have the in Browser editing option ticked

step 1 - you upload | Publish a Muse site

Screenshot (2258).png

step 2 - your client makes some kind of edit using the in browser editing tools then presses 'Publish'... at this point your local Muse copy is different to the online site

Screenshot (2259).png

step 3 - you now run the sync command to see how your client has buggered up your design and bring your local copy into sync with the on line site

Screenshot (2261).png

AttaGirl  wrote

And why am I getting that error message that seems to be addressing a user issue rather than a file issue?

your Adobe account does not match the one stored with BC as being a site admin user... are you using a enterprise account at work perhaps? in any event you can press the manage BC option to sign into this site and add extra admin IDs if you want to use another account... you still need to know the user name and password that the site was published with of course but that still doesn't allow you to download the entire site

Screenshot (2256).png

what I recommend you do now is connect to your BC site using Dreamweaver [Connect to your site using Dreamweaver  ] and download a full copy of what is there first

then you can rebuild it in Muse, Dreamweaver or what ever else floats your boat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines