Highlighted

System fonts unavailable

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm desperate solving this, so I hope I find help here, since Adobe does not offer any support for Muse...

The problem

I use self-hosted webfonts in my project and they worked perfectly fine till now. When I opened the project again today, some (not all) fonts are unavailable, displayed incorrectly and with the pink background. The self-hosted webfonts are still there, and when I export the project they work. But the related system-fonts are not available, so I can't match them with the webfont files.

What I did hoping to solve it

  • Reinstall the corrupt webfonts
  • Downgrade to 2017.1
  • Reinstall Muse
  • Deactivate and reactivate the corrupt system-fonts in FontExplorer

Not the problem

  • The problem does not relate to all fonts, only some styles of a certain family.
  • The corrupt system-fonts work perfectly in all other applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop). So I'm sure it is a Muse issue, not FontExplorer or whatever.

I'm working on a Windows 10 station, doesn't make it easier...

Thank you for any ideas!

Community Beginner
Correct answer by cc-dha | Community Beginner

Update:
It's about redundant fonts, indeed. All styles are available in FontExplorer as "Open Type (True Type)" and as "Open Type (Postscript)". The solution was to deactivate all styles of the font family and activate only the TT versions - but in a specific order.

Now I'm thinking about deleting the font family and setting it up again with only the TT versions.

Thank you for helping, Mylenium​!

Views

165

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

System fonts unavailable

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm desperate solving this, so I hope I find help here, since Adobe does not offer any support for Muse...

The problem

I use self-hosted webfonts in my project and they worked perfectly fine till now. When I opened the project again today, some (not all) fonts are unavailable, displayed incorrectly and with the pink background. The self-hosted webfonts are still there, and when I export the project they work. But the related system-fonts are not available, so I can't match them with the webfont files.

What I did hoping to solve it

  • Reinstall the corrupt webfonts
  • Downgrade to 2017.1
  • Reinstall Muse
  • Deactivate and reactivate the corrupt system-fonts in FontExplorer

Not the problem

  • The problem does not relate to all fonts, only some styles of a certain family.
  • The corrupt system-fonts work perfectly in all other applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop). So I'm sure it is a Muse issue, not FontExplorer or whatever.

I'm working on a Windows 10 station, doesn't make it easier...

Thank you for any ideas!

Community Beginner
Correct answer by cc-dha | Community Beginner

Update:
It's about redundant fonts, indeed. All styles are available in FontExplorer as "Open Type (True Type)" and as "Open Type (Postscript)". The solution was to deactivate all styles of the font family and activate only the TT versions - but in a specific order.

Now I'm thinking about deleting the font family and setting it up again with only the TT versions.

Thank you for helping, Mylenium​!

Views

166

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 27, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually checked your TypeKit settings in the CC app and/ or the web page? Redundant fonts may simply be hidden to avoid confusion...

Mylenium

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Nov 27, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, but I can't find any setting that says anything about redundant fonts. Searched the CC app and Muse settings. And I suppose it has nothing to do with Typekit, since it's not a typekit font.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Nov 28, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:
It's about redundant fonts, indeed. All styles are available in FontExplorer as "Open Type (True Type)" and as "Open Type (Postscript)". The solution was to deactivate all styles of the font family and activate only the TT versions - but in a specific order.

Now I'm thinking about deleting the font family and setting it up again with only the TT versions.

Thank you for helping, Mylenium​!

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Nov 28, 2017 0