Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tabbed panels responsiveness ?

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, here is my issue.

I created a new Muse file fluid width max width 1920px with a breakpoint at 1080.

I used two tabbed panel to display some images. I added at 1st tab 8 images at 1080 and rearrange them at 1920 and I did the same at the second tab.

Everything seems to be fine at design mode but when previewing at chrome or Mozilla responsiveness is working fine but when I am at second tab at 1080px and resize the browser at 1920 pixels the browser is jumping at 1st tab.

Here is the link http://www.2agroup.gr/musegallerytest/

(I am using last muse version, tried at chrome and mozilla, i also tried to close Muse and start with a new file from scratch but...)

Any suggestions please?

Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

At first glance, I thought it is a font issue:.

In your menu tab you are using different fonts, among them a system font, which is converted to an image during output. (Muse has to do this, because it can’t be assured, that every user has these fonts installed. You definitely should use a standard font or a web font.

But this isn’t the reason for the behaviour, you came across.

If you meet a new breakpoint, evidently a tabbed panel widget always jumps to the first/last tab in the stacking order (yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use a new tabbed panel and hide the other one?

If not Do the following: Could you please reduce your  site to only one typical page, containing the tabbed panel and only one image/text within, to demonstrate your issue. (This is necessary, because it saves download- and analysing-time). Upload this .muse file (without assets) to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

Thus, time consuming „question and answer“ games or pure guessing can be considerably reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply,

you can download the file here (369kb) : http://www.2agroup.gr/musegallerytest/photogallery.rar

This version is not displayed as in main link but there is only one image in every tab just for your reference.

Waiting for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I am searching to find a solution I realize that this issue is also visible when just inserting a new tabbed panel with two breakpoints and resizing the browser. The tabbed panel is jumping when at breakpoint, to other tab!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first glance, I thought it is a font issue:.

In your menu tab you are using different fonts, among them a system font, which is converted to an image during output. (Muse has to do this, because it can’t be assured, that every user has these fonts installed. You definitely should use a standard font or a web font.

But this isn’t the reason for the behaviour, you came across.

If you meet a new breakpoint, evidently a tabbed panel widget always jumps to the first/last tab in the stacking order (you can change the order in the "Layers" panel.)

This may be not a bug, but nevertheless a really "ugly" behaviour.

Could you please look at this Preran​ or ankushr40215001​?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Gunter,

thank you for your help about fonts, probably you saw these fonts on my site www.2agroup.gr  and not at the link,

(I am doing this because I cant find a lot of web fonts for my language and thanks I can understand clearly what you mean)

But at the link provided there is no fonts added from me. Just fonts from the widget.

Anyway,  thank you so much for trying to identify where the problem is. You have described correct the issue!

Actually this is what I am trying to solve.

"This may be not a bug... "  really now you think that's just  an   "ugly" behavior ?

In my opinion (I am soft developer from 1988) this is definitely "wrong behavior" that the programmer  had a lot of responsiveness work to do with all widgets and left it for later.

So I think that "now" is the time to fix it!

As you can understand I can't proceed to do what I was thinking to design.

I can't let any user who will use my site to fell this "ugly behavior" because It supposes that I build web sites as a web designer and  photo studio owner. (I am trying to be serious about my work)

So any thoughts how to overcome this ... issue ?

Thanks again for your time and I am waiting for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"But at the link provided there is no fonts added from me. Just fonts from the widget."

Sorry, about this misunderstanding. I have find what you mean for fonts on the tab titles...."  ok thank and lets forget about this as I can understand it correct it and that's this is not the issue....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can simulate this behaviour by using a composition and build it just similar as a tabbed panel widget. BUT: For now(!), there will be no responsiveness. If you sign into prerelease forum, you may have a look into responsive compositions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Gunter,

thank you for the quick reply.

You have to notice that the correct behavior works fine when at design view.

Nothing ugly is happened there. Could that be that a fix its under its way ?

Otherwise why its working there but not at the final publish?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Günter Heißenbüttel and 2abps thanks for reporting this odd behavior.

We have already a bugfix listed for an issue with tabbed panel widget.

I will discuss with our engineering team and get this also listed in the pipeline.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mac, Can you also please create a sample .muse file which shows this odd behavior and share it with me?

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ankushr40215001​: Of course I can do! It is really simple!

• Place a standard accordion.

• Create a second (smaller) breakpoint

• Preview in browser and activate the left tab.

• Reduce window size.

• -> the active tab changes to the right tab, when the smaller breakpoint is reached.

Look at this sample site: http://tabbed-panel-issue.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

You may download the corresponding .muse file directly from this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please refer to your post on prerelease forum for this issue:

https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/muse/discussion/4720/ugly-behaviour-of-tabbed-panel-widget-bug

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines