• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tablet layout misaligned and images different sizes

Contributor ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please comment or offer suggestions on the video showing a webpage Tablet layout in Muse Preview, and then showing how it looks on an iPad Air where images and text frames are misaligned, and images are different sizes; same sizes on Muse layout.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot recommend Muse preview but instead use preview in browser. Then you will see all the issue as you see them on tablet devices. Your frames/sections/elements seem to be overlapping in Muse as well what you may see when using this vertical "we call it scrubber" and might be able to see when the design fails - just to then add a new breakpoint.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comment. I built this Muse page on my desktop Mac. The Desktop version viewed in the browser is just how it was intended to be. Is there a way to view a Tablet design in browser on a desktop Mac? Of course, when viewed in the iPad's browser (Safari) it is discombobulated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See screenshots from Firefox on desktop. 

Fig 1. Browser maximized.  Too much wasted space.

image.png

Fig 2.  Browser minimized (right handles dragged in to make browser window smaller).  Colliding elements circled in red.

image.png

I would rebuild as a mobile-first layout.  More users are on mobiles & tablets than desktops.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines