• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tablet version of website is showing up instead of desktop version in Google Chrome

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read some of the other discussions and have now figured out that Google Chrome is serving up the tablet website version on smaller desktop monitors. I am not using Business Catalyst. I tested this and found that when I am on my 15.4" Macbook Pro laptop, using Chrome, I get the tablet website version. Doing the same thing on my 27" iMac, using Chrome, I get the desktop website version. Right now I am going to add a link that says, "On a Computer Using Google Chrome? Fix View Here"and I'll send them to the desktop versioin. However, this is not the cure, only a remedy.

Is this bug being reviewed by Adobe Muse? Is there something that I can do on my end to stop this from happening? 

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

We released a fix for this a few minutes ago. Restart Muse and you'll get the update. Let us know if it addresses your problem. My apologies for the trouble!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this post. I'm having the same trouble and I'm looking for a solution.

Where are you adding the link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick post to confirm we're aware of the issue and researching alternative solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm adding the tempory link on the master page header. It reads:

"On a Computer Using Google Chrome? Fix View Here

We Apologize. Smaller Desktop Monitors are Being Served the Tablet View When Using Google Chrome."

I did notice that once you click on the link to take you back to the desktop version, it did not show the tablet version again upon website re-entry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

Here's an update of where things are. The bug filed against Chrome above by David (thank you very much for doing that) has been looked at by the Chromium team, and it is something they are aware of. It looks like they have made the change on their end to fix the problem, and in my testing it seems to resolved the root cause of the problem, but it unfortunately isn't in the release version of Chrome yet. It is coming down their pipeline, and hopefully will be released sooner rather than later, but I cannot speak for the Chromium team on when it will be fully ready to go and in the release version of Chrome.

In the meantime, as foster.ken noted, you can create a link from your tablet version to your desktop version so that if users are getting the wrong layout, they can fix the problem. I, personally, usually recommend the inclusion of links to the alternate layouts anyway so that if the user would like to view the site in a different way, they are able to. Also, once a user has navigated to another version, they will be "locked" into that version, so that any future visits should direct them to the layout they have chosen to view on that device.

Sorry for the inconvenience here,

Andrew Hushbeck

Muse QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation here, only happens using Chrome. Thanks for the heads up about the Chromium team, will wait for their update. I used Ken Foster's fix and that works well.

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We released a fix for this a few minutes ago. Restart Muse and you'll get the update. Let us know if it addresses your problem. My apologies for the trouble!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

It works great. Thank you very much. I'm so impressed regarding your responsiveness with this fix and with the updates along the way. It really feels like you guys have our back.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CC panel says that Muse is up to date; however the sites I created prior to the update (when exported from an updated Muse) still experience the "tablet redirect" when viewed in google chrome. Do I need to recreate the site to overcome this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded the site again and it worked for me for both websites. Maybe try uploading the site to the server again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just close, and reopen Muse, you should be prompted to update to the latest version. Once you have updated, simply republish your site to your hosting provider, and you should no longer see the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I'm still having the same issue.

My site is www.filmtransfer.com

I closed Muse, opened it, updated to v 7.2 Build 232, CL 779928 (OSX), and republished my entire site.

Still redirecting to tablet version.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clear the cache by going to preferences.

Chuck's iPhone

970-209-6009

Chas33@icloud.com

www.mountainimages.co

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome. Glad it worked

Chuck's iPhone

970-209-6009

Chas33@icloud.com

www.mountainimages.co

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2014 Nov 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I went to your site on my Nexus 7 and it displays well I would say. Did you find a fix for the problem? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix you are seeing could be an update to Chrome. Oddly, in the last few months I have seen this problem come and go once or twice. Using the very same websites that have not been modified in that time. I tend to think there must have been incremental updates to Chrome, and that was the reason.

As of this date, Chrome is rendering things correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

i updated to the latest version of Muse and now it will not open my existing Muse file so as to re publish it to open in Google Chrome so it will open on a 15" mac book pro, regognizing it as desktop as opposed to tablet. Any advice greatly appreciated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to preferences and clear your cache, restart chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi clairebearland,

What message are you getting when you try and open your Muse file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue/problem still exist. Before Chrome update my site worked problely and desktop site rendered correctly on my all browsers. Now site on desktop renders corectly with all other browsers Firefox, IE and other BUT NOT with Google Chorme. I'm Using Lenovo Thinkpad T520 with 15" screen.

I've updated my Muse to version:

7.2, Build 232, CL 779982

Air Runtime: 4.0.0.1390

Chome version I use is : 32.0.1700.107 m

I've closed Muse after update. Opened my Muse site container (this was made with earlier version of Muse). Cleaned my hosting, Uploaded site using Muse's FTP upload. Cleaned all preferences and history of Chrome. BUT still my desktop site goes to my tablet site. I don't even have any change to see my desktop site with Chrome.

Any advise to fix this from MUSE ?

OR

How I make it working by changing code with Dreamweaver. Promises and usability of Muse has been great untill now I experienced this problem.

I need quick solution whaever I need to do.

If this can't be fixed at the moment with Muse, can anyone advise what shall be changed manually on html?

Also I would be thankful if someone would test my site rendering with differenct devices (Dsktop, Tablet & Phone)

Site adress;

www. neurogens.com

version.PNGchrome.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Don't use Business Catalyst but my hosting is with iPage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NeuroGens,

It looks like your site was updated and republished with the proper version, but it looks like the script we use for our redirects wasn't updated. Can I have you republish your site again, and select the "Upload all files" option in the drop down? That will hopefully resolve this issue. If it does not, let me know and we can work on next steps.

Thanks,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleaned my hosting completely. Uploaded all files again. Still my problems exist.

Anyway I made one test. Created compeltely new site with MUSE. Just simple for testing. All 3 versions. Desktop, Tablet, Phone. When I preview my site in Chrome it goes tablet version.

I really don't know what's my issue or is it MUSE issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines