Target Area Blocking content in Blank Composition Widget

Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I painstakingly designed a manual menu.

It is triggered from a BLANK COMPOSITION WIDGET to reveal the target area

and it is really nice.

However, the area that the TARGET occupies, still blocks access to clicking on any content

that is below that area. So the area you see in dark brown, is blocked at all times from any clicks.

I have included a screen shot of the WIDGET TARGET SETTINGS.

The MENU for mobile/phone design, is of course located on the top layer so that when it reveals

the TARGET the MENU is displayed above the content. Unfortunately, when that is hidden,

any content that is "underneath" that TARGET are is not clickable.

MUSE has so much potential and so often fails in execution.

PLEASE HELP, share any ideas, things I may have missed and also if you have experienced similar

disappointments in their widgets and they final implementation of them.

Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 4.41.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 4.37.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 4.42.16 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

change the hide setting to rollout of target & trigger then remove the close button (which I can't see in your screenshot anyway) and move the target | trigger together so there is no gap

Screenshot (385).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

change the hide setting to rollout of target & trigger then remove the close button (which I can't see in your screenshot anyway) and move the target | trigger together so there is no gap

Screenshot (385).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… and try setting the transition to „horizontal“. If nothing works, please share a maximal reduced .muse file (only one page, only the elements, which are necessary, to demonstrate the issue) with us (–> Dropbox, CC Files, …).

Please follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sincerely appreciate your reply.

That method does allow the target to move out of the way.

I was really hoping for the horizontal transition rather than a fade, but it seems that fade is the only option that actually can work with this.

I would hope that Adobe would deal with this in the next bug fix.

If you come up with any way to make this possible with a horizontal fade, please let me know.

Here is the link to the phone version menu with the fade option:

Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Barry+Weber  wrote

Here is the link to the phone version menu with the fade option:

Home

fyi this design doesn't work well on my Windows phones i.e, the menu opens then closes right away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barry Weber,  your download link doesn’t work (any more?).

Justintimeforlunch​, could you share a small. Muse file (only one page, only a few elements) with us using Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service, and post the diwnload link here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing, here's the link:

WeTransfer

The problem in this example is that "Link1" is not clickable when the nav-burger menu target area is hidden (since it's placed on the page underneath the nav menu target). It's duplicate, "Link1 Copy," is indeed clickable; but you'll notice that if you scroll down to the point at which Link1 Copy is underneath that "hidden" target area, it also becomes blocked.

@Günter Heißenbüttel Thank you in advance for taking the time to help! I've been stuck on this for two days and have started dreaming about it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, I managed to fix the issue. Muse shouldn’t allow you, to do this, but in essence, we are dealing with inconsistent pinning.

In other words: It is not the issue, you assumed to be.

You want the trigger (containing the hamburger icon), the menu (when visible), the rectangle stretching on top of the page and the logo stay visible at the top of your browser window. The other elements are meant to float behind these header objects, right?

If correct, try this:

1. Go to your master page and do this in 360 px and 768 px breakpoint:
  2. Pin the logo to top/middle (browser pinning)
  3. Pin the rectangle to top/middle (browser pinning)
  4. Unpin the complete composition widget.
  5. Pin the trigger (containing the hamburger icon) to top/left (browser pinning)
  6. Pin the target to top/middle (browser pinning)

(„browser pinning" = the 6-dot icon, not the 3-dot-icon)

Now all should work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked! Thank you so much, it's a huge relief to have that resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue (also using a blank composition widget) and have tried everything to my knowledge including an extensive Google search which led me here. I redesigned my navburger menu to try the suggested workarounds but the target area (containing a menu with 3 menu items), when hidden, is still blocking clickable links on layers below. I'm almost to the point of redesigning the whole composition so it at least has a smaller impact on my site's functionality.

Is there any news on a real fix for this? Latest version of Muse is installed. Tried every possible variation of Composition Options. Cleared browser cache. I'M STUMPED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines