• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Templates for different screens?

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to the templates for different size screens, ie iphone, tablet, desktop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

No, I think he simply doesn‘t find the adaptive layout any more. But they still are there!

If this is correct: Go to menu „Page/Alternate Layouts“ and you are done!

And, what fotoroeder​ said about Android Chrome is correct. It simply shows the annoying market power of Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should have happened to these? Talking about the android mobile chrome issue? These templates will also not work anymore in android mobile chrome and neither in some time on other browses not any more. These templates/the corresponding websites need to get rebuild using the responsive feature of muse.

If I got you wrong let us know.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I think he simply doesn‘t find the adaptive layout any more. But they still are there!

If this is correct: Go to menu „Page/Alternate Layouts“ and you are done!

And, what fotoroeder​ said about Android Chrome is correct. It simply shows the annoying market power of Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was panicking when I didn't find anything. I went to the tutorial area and watched one about changing sizes, but it seemed more complicated. . . Glad I don't have to do that. . . .

I"m actually trying to learn WP. . . I did the Linked In / Google tutorials. . . I made galleries and pages, etc. . . but still having trouble because there doesn't seem to be a "container" for all these items. . .

Then one day on YouTube, i found a tutorial about a muse - WP software. It's supposed to translate muse to WP, but looks as though the muse needs to be saved with a certain specialized template? I'm not finding that. . . Do you have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don‘t know, what you mean with „template“. You can create adaptive layouts (phone, tablet, desktop) responsive layout for all devices and publish the code to your domain, or export it to upload it via FTP.

Inall cases, you need the .muse file to modify your site. This file can‘t be read by a different application. It is just like a PDF exported from Word or InDesign. You need the source file to make changes. The PDF isn‘t enough, because it is only the output data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muse and WP are wildly different systems.  Muse is for building static websites only.  WP is dynamically generated from content stored in the server's MySQL database and populated to pages with server-side scripts.   I think you're far better off using a commercial WordPress Theme that does what you require . I would keep Muse as far away from this equation as possible. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines