Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text cut off in sub-menu

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am relatively new to Muse. For the most part, I have found solutions on this forum but run into an issue that I can't seem to resolve.

I only have 1 sub-menu and for some reason, the text for 'Charities' is slightly cut off (see image) in the desktop view

word cut off.png

Is there something I am missing that is causing this? I have already checked alignment with the other text and it's all the same. I see it in preview and when published to the business catalyst.

The font is Open Sans (company standard font it's on all of our material) size 16. I did change reduce the size and still had the same issue.

Made using the Muse menu widget

I did center align the text and the error wasn't there only when I left align it as shown

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

As I said in my first post: Your fonts are partially converted to images, because you are mixing system fonts and web fonts (which probably aren’t correctly installed) in a very weird way. (What exactly happened, I can’t say, because for that it would be necessary to have a look at the font management on your computer): I assume, you are sometimes using a „non standard font“ version of „Arial“ or the system font „Open Sans“ (not the web font) and – above all – you forgot to control all states of

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Amsphere,

We would be able to help better after looking into your file.

Please share your .muse file with us as per these instructions - Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Are you sure, you are using the web font, not the system font „Open Source“? This would cause to convert your font into an image.)
  • Are you sure, you aren’t using the bold attribute („B“ icon) instead of the (semi) bold typeface of Open Source?
  • Are you sure, that you didn’t use a system font and apply the bold attribute?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter, sorry for late reply.

I have checked the file now and followed your points.

I am definitely using Open Sans. I even checked by changing the font (ariel, times) and still getting the problem (even with other fonts I am getting the same issue)

I double checked the bold setting and it's definitely off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share this file without any elements except the menu and a standard font (Arial, …) applied (–> Dropbox, Creative Cloud Files, …)?

For sharing, please follow these advices: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded it to my CC Files

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in my first post: Your fonts are partially converted to images, because you are mixing system fonts and web fonts (which probably aren’t correctly installed) in a very weird way. (What exactly happened, I can’t say, because for that it would be necessary to have a look at the font management on your computer): I assume, you are sometimes using a „non standard font“ version of „Arial“ or the system font „Open Sans“ (not the web font) and – above all – you forgot to control all states of your menu.

If you aren’t aware of font converting, please read my post 4 in this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163

If you are not quite sure, how to install web fonts correctly, please read this: https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/using/typekit-web-fonts.html

In your case, some fonts, which you are using, are converted to an image, and cause the effect, you are encountering:

screen.jpg

To fix the issue, have a look at this screencast:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh I see now, the icon on the left of the font name in the menu indicates image or web font. That would of been easier to explain, OK so I have now installed Open Sans web font from typekit so will see if that is better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines