• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text frame overlaps the objects or shifted down

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Plan Phone section... There is a Lifestyle file that has a text frame and composition overlaps or shifted down and plus a lot of space in between. How to solve this problem? Thanks.

https://adobe.ly/2M8RZJm

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

The fix or better: the fixes is/are quite simple:

• You have constructed very strange, unnecessary groups and
  • you marked many elements – above all the compositions – unintentionally as „Footer“ elements.  this causes these elements to behave wrong.
  • Elements  – especially text and compositions – are overlapping:
    2.jpg
    Since text flows differently in every browser, on your page it often disappears behind the images. This won’t happen, if there is no overlapping: The elements are then shifting each other dynam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kirsten

Thanks for the sharing your .muse file beforehand, it's very helpful.

However, I am still unable to predict your issue. For me your site is working as designed.

What exactly do you want to achieve?

A screen shot depicting your issue will be much more helpful here.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the issues on phone layout.... Its overlapping, the images should be below the text frame and also the big empty space in between the image and the text.

SurfTimelineIssue1.jpg

SurfTimelineIssue2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, there are elements overlapping each other (text frames, images)

But to find a valid answer, it would be necessary to have a look at your .muse file.

• Please delete all pages except one,
  • delete all elements, which are not related to your issue,
  • save the document under a new name,
  • upload it to Dropbox or a similar file sharing servive, and
  • post the download link here.

Then we can have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heres my Surf Timeline file. Also I did the dropbox.

https://adobe.ly/2OpWtbR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix or better: the fixes is/are quite simple:

• You have constructed very strange, unnecessary groups and
  • you marked many elements – above all the compositions – unintentionally as „Footer“ elements.  this causes these elements to behave wrong.
  • Elements  – especially text and compositions – are overlapping:
    2.jpg
    Since text flows differently in every browser, on your page it often disappears behind the images. This won’t happen, if there is no overlapping: The elements are then shifting each other dynamically up or down.

So do this:

• Please ungroup everything
  • Check every element for the „footer“ attribute and deselect it.
  • Make sure that your single elements don’t overlap each other.

And two more things:

1. Make sure to use standard fonts or web fonts. You often are using system fonts (Rockwell Extra Bold), which have to be converted to an image during output, what causes heavy problems! Why? Read my answer 4 here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163
    1.jpg
    Since you have installed the web font Rockwell, I think, you unintentionally used the system font Rockwell Extra Bold instead of its web font representation.
  2. If you jump to an anchor, browser try to place the anchor at the top left edge of the browser window. When your anchor is placed in the middle of the page, browsers will therefore shift horizontally to follow this rule. So please place your anchors at the left edge of your page:
    3.jpg

PS: Please excuse my question to share the ,muse file. I simply overlooked, that you already did this in your first post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Success! I follow your instructions and more by giving more space in between elements and removing the long rectangle shape on left side. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines