• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text in boxes – How to align to bottom?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Muse today, and after some searching, some Googling, and looking in the forum I can't seem to find an answer.

Like in InDesign, how do you align text to the bottom of it's container?

I thought that perhaps this was a 'not yet' question, but I was following an Adobe tutorial and you can! The instructor, however, never explains how to actually do this. Awesome. I'm sure it's really simple, can anyone help?

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 17.37.04.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many reasons, why text doesn’t align at the top of a text box:

1. You have an empty paragraph before „This website was created …"
  2. A character – may be a „blank“ – in your first line is set to a bigger font size.
  3. You added „Space before“. (Look into the „Text“ panel.)
  4. You added values other than „0“ in the spacing panel, while the text frame (not the text itself) was selected.

If this doesn’t help: Place the „misbehaving“ text element into a newly created .muse file and share it with us (Dropbox, Creative Cloud, …) following these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Günter. I don't think you read my post correctly. I'm asking how to align to to bottom of it's container, not why is my text not aligning at the top. Can you help at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean such tools as are in InDisign. In the Muse they are not. You can adjust the position of the text at the bottom of the container using the spacing panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pavel! Thanks for the advice. Where can I find the Spacing panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, ok. Web design is not print design. There are many text related features, which are not supported „in the web“. Muse does not support vertical text alignment, because HTML doesn’t support this feature.. You have to achieve this manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't think so as web reads from top to bottom in code anyway. I was confused by the example in the Adobe tutorial. Where and how do you adjust manually as you mentioned? I couldn't seem to find any text box options (that was what I was looking for originally).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it is not already open, look into the „Windows“ menu.

Instead of using the Spacing panel, you might try the options (leading) of the Text panel too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines