• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text link opens popup

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just wondering... is ist possible to create a simple text link (in a paragraph) that opens a lightbox, which contains a image? I could not find a workaround or tutorial for this... Help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

… and I keep answering in English, to give other members of the community the chance to follow this thread!

How did I do this?

1. Place a blank composition widget.

2. Right click onto it and choose from the contextual menu „Clear all Styling“ and „Clear Widget Contents“.

3. Select the remaining trigger of this composition, remove the stroke and set the fill colour to transparent in all states.

4. Scale the trigger very(!) small.

5. Open the configuration panel of the composition widget and set the po

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. In a way, it is possible!

Look at this example site: http://text-popup.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

You may download the .muse file directly from this site.

Just look around and try to figure out, how it is done. If you don’t find the solution - just ask!

I am aware of the fact, that this is no "streamlined" solution – but it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich antworte jetzt einfach mal auf Deutsch 🙂

Vielen Dank! Genau so etwas meinte ich, wie hast Du das gemacht??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… and I keep answering in English, to give other members of the community the chance to follow this thread!

How did I do this?

1. Place a blank composition widget.

2. Right click onto it and choose from the contextual menu „Clear all Styling“ and „Clear Widget Contents“.

3. Select the remaining trigger of this composition, remove the stroke and set the fill colour to transparent in all states.

4. Scale the trigger very(!) small.

5. Open the configuration panel of the composition widget and set the position to „Lightbox“

6. Now fill the target area with whatever elements you want. (You may do this later on, if you want, but it is much more easy to handle, when doing this in advance)

6. When ready, open the configuration panel again and deselect „Show lightbox parts while editing“ (Important!)

7. Now only the composition’s trigger is visible.

8. Select the composition (i.e. the trigger) – in the top right edge of the application window the label "Composition" is shown – and copy it.

9. Place a text box and fill in the text you like.

10 Place the text cursor before the word, you want to trigger a lightbox.

11. Paste the composition (i.e. the trigger) into the text.

12. Place the text cursor directly behind the pasted trigger and before the word, you have chosen

13. Go to the „Tracking“ icon in the upper control strip (V/A icon) and minimize the tracking value using the arrow keys, so that the word shifts „under“ the trigger, until the desired distance are reached.

14. Select the trigger with the Selection Tool (the label "Trigger" is shown in the top left corner of the application window) and resize the trigger, until all is fitting. (Don’t forget: You can shift the trigger up- and downwards by dragging with the mouse.)

15. You are done now.

There are – theoretically – some useful modifications to this procedure, but unfortunately they don’t work in a stable and reproducible way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Looks a bit awkward , but it works fine.

Strongly recommend Adobe to address this issue in one of the future updates! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi demonhawk, where did you insert the text or paragraph? Kindly help. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Günter Heißenbüttel I've download the .muse & I have a question, where I should insert the text paragraph? Sorry I can't see where should I place my paragraph.

Thanks in Advance,

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter where should I insert the text? Where I can find the red box in the Muse file I've donloaded?

Thanks in advance,

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you are dealing with a simple composition widget, this is very easy. Look at this video:

If it is too laborious to edit it this way, copy the whole composition out of the text box to your canvas, edit it there, and paste it into the text box again.

You may have a look at this thread too, where I linked one more example file: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2421570

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines