Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text overlapping graphics ...

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Struggling through my first Muse responsive site (I have to say, I've found the whole process very frustrating and finicky).

I have a common, reoccurring problem which I've spent several hours researching, but have yet to find a solution.

I have text that overlaps an icon when resizing instead of pushing the content down. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it either. I've tried grouping, rebuilding the icon (in illustrator etc.). What am I missing? The text reacts to these icons differently on different breakpoints too. On the desktop breakpoint it reacts as expected.

I've attached a couple of screen grabs, but let me know if you'd like to see the muse file.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Michael

Picture: the text pushes the two icons below the first, but not the first???

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 18.16.34.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

you can put the image inside the text... then it moves with it

link = demo1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted all the content from the troubled page onto a brand new page within a new project - same behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should there be a change, if you copy all to a new page?

Is your upper text frame ("Assessment Process …") overlapping the icon/text below?

If not: Create a new site with only one page and only the text boxes and the icons, shown in your screenshot, upload this .muse file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comment.

The only way I found to prevent this behaviour (which isn't consistent) is to group everything on the page into blocks. That's the only way it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be not a problem of Muse, but the problem of a desktop browser. Being on this problem breakpoint, try to reload the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be the case, if there are objects of different size and/or different scaling behaviour (proportionally, horizontally, vertically) above the element, which should shift downwards. In this case, it is hard for Muse to decide, which element determines the shifting.

To prevent this:

• Take care, that the elements don’t overlap each other.

• Group the elements, which should affect each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can put the image inside the text... then it moves with it

link = demo1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't the problem with this solution that you can't automatically resize the image when it is in the text box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The exact opposite is true and you can't manually adjust the images i.e they automatically generate at the relative size of the page | text according to the individual browsers rules

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines