Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text 'underlapping' image

Participant ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm not sure if anyone is answering queries here given Muse is no longer supported but I hope there are still some of you out there. I have a question on the resizing of text frames and images in a responsive website and their overlapping. 

I know there have been a number of similar posts a few years but, after studying many of them, I am none the wiser as to how I fix this problem.

I have a responsive website that, surprise surprise, contains images and text frames. When I try to narrow the website, my text frame is hiddne under the image that, initially, was below it. I have the items pinned the same way and both showing resize options. 

The only way I can stop the text disappearing under the image is to stretch the text frame downwards so that it can accommodate all text when the frame narrows. This results in a large empty space between the text frame and the image until the text refills the frame. This does not look right as I am sure you appreciate.

When the frame starts out fitting the text, as soon as the page is narrowed, the text at the bottom starts to 'disappear'.

The next suggested solution was to include the image inside the text frame. The stops the text being hidden, but I then have an image that is not able to be resized along with the text frame.

The site is quite large but I extracted one page and it is at Dropbox Link .

Hope someone can help. PLEASE!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply recommend to use breakpoints and to use fixed width breakpoints instead of fluid width breakpoints.

By following the steps here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/how-to-insert-photos-into-a-text-box/td-p/11100480?page=1

you may be able to setup your image inside the textbox, so this make sthe whole life a little easier, I guess.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issues, you are encoutering are very easy to fix:

Just make sure, that the text boxes and images don’t overlap.

Please have a look at this file, which is aslight modification of yours:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylbqkmjllsroha9/Page%20Extract_Mod.muse?dl=1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines