• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

textbox sticked to photo

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have textboxes under photo's on my site. How do I keep them together?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Only to show, what is possible, look at this second sample file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fh62zalx6skjdlq/Metmateman__Mod2.muse?dl=0

The whole thing is nailed together quick and dirty, but you see, what tricks are necessary, if you want to create such a site.

Generally spoken, is is very difficult to build a horizontally layouted page with small, differently scaling (horizontally, vertically, proportionally) element side by side. In this case, Muse can’t decide any more, which element should infl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use images with responsive width and height, then I'm afraid it's not possible to keep them together.

P.S. Your site is very heavy, so I could not test it. Too much content for one page of the Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, you obviously didn’t it „the same way“.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought, but I can not find any difference between the backgrounds.

Background: both sites: responsive width

When I scale the site, the colored backgrounds are too large: better to make it responsive width and height?

The pictures and the url textboxes are separate when I scale the site. How come, is that what Pavels means: that it's not possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As always: Give us a file with only one page and only one of the problematic sections.

I, for my part, don’t have the time, to look through a complete page/site again and again.

Take time until Monday. I can’t look at it during the weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Metmateman_test.muse

Did my best to kopy your file, but some items in this document behave different. Maybe you want to take a look at it.

Thank you.

test 1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering how long you will be tortured before using my simple tips above?

I can tell you for sure, the responsive opportunities in Muse  - is hell. They are very difficult to work with, there are a lot of glitches, and because of them a very heavy website is obtained. This has never been so that a simple html page worked slower than the CMS page. But now it is so, because in the Muse appeared responsive design .  Responsive opportunities should be used very limited. Use a fixed layout and fixed breakpoints.

Look at this jam session. Muse Jam: Fixed Breakpoint Responsive Design - YouTube.  This is the best practice in the Muse. If you want to fully responsive website, you should look for another platform, where it is much easier and correct. But personally, I do not see anything in your design that would be required to use responsive features. Your design is ideal for fixed breakpoints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comment. Maybe I have to stay at the current site metmateman.nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only to show, what is possible, look at this second sample file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fh62zalx6skjdlq/Metmateman__Mod2.muse?dl=0

The whole thing is nailed together quick and dirty, but you see, what tricks are necessary, if you want to create such a site.

Generally spoken, is is very difficult to build a horizontally layouted page with small, differently scaling (horizontally, vertically, proportionally) element side by side. In this case, Muse can’t decide any more, which element should influence which other, and you have to work with transparent „guiding frames“.

If you are not really experienced in using Muse, I’d really suggest to follow Pavel’s advice and build a site with fixed width breakpoints, and gather experience by doing this.

As Pavel said: There is absolutely no reason for responsiveness in this site – apart from visual gimmicks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am several weeks further with trying to make a responsive site with the new Muse and appently the best thing I can do is go back to my current site. But that site is not easy to place new work and make changes. 

Anyhow, I appreciate the help from you and Pavel.

Kind Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines