Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tha ifage frames messes up when redesigning order in other breakpoints

Engaged ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skjermbilde 2017-06-10 22.33.49.pngSkjermbilde 2017-06-10 22.34.06.png

When I move the image frame in one breakpoint, it really mess up in the other breakpoint I just had fixed. How to avoid that? And also many times the images groups, in a way, without my doing.- Its nor a really grouping  But a frame goes around them and they move together! - like in pic nr 2. Why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bigger breakpoint might be a fixed width breakpoint the smaller breakpoint might be a fluid width breakpoint.

If it comes to smaller, yet mobile breakpoints it is more handsome to have elements not side by side but underneath each other.

Maybe you also have elements set to different resizing options? Some resize to "none" some resize in width and height?

If you do not succeed, I am afraid, we need a reduced to your issue one page .muse.

But try it first, maybe you are lucky.

Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God morning dear Miracle from Adobe :-D. So gla you are there.

All the breakpoints are fluid. And yes, I did have all elements one by one under underneath each other, but when I do the other breakpoint that all changes in the 640 breakpoint.

Shall I use the "Hide in other breakpoint" option and then copy the elements to the 3 other breakpoint, re-organize the element there and do the same for the last 2 breakpoints?

Can, for instance, the red dress not ne 600 px high in 640 breakpoint and 800px in 1280 breakpoint?

How do I send only one page (clothes) to you?

Right now it all lok like shit at mobile, but I guess it is the same problem all over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the breakpoints are fluid. And yes, I did have all elements one by one under underneath each other, but when I do the other breakpoint that all changes in the 640 breakpoint.

Shall I use the "Hide in other breakpoint" option and then copy the elements to the 3 other breakpoint, re-organize the element there and do the same for the last 2 breakpoints?

Can, for instance, the red dress not ne 600 px high in 640 breakpoint and 800px in 1280 breakpoint?

How do I send only one page (clothes) to you?

Right now it all lok like **** at mobile, but I guess it is the same problem all over.

The problem wit fluid width breakpoints in your case: you need to group elements otherwise they do not behave as intended.

These grouped elements can not be grouped and arranged differently in other breakpoints. So, like you already assumed, you have to hide one group in other breakpoints in order to not destroy everything. Every time you group elements, this group appears in all other breakpoints, if you do not hide in other breakpoints.

Another YES, you then have to copy as easiest this particular group1 - hide this group1 in other breakpoints - click into the next breakpoint - paste this copied group2 - ungroup it, rearrange it - group it - copy2 this copy3 - hide this copy2 in all other breakpoints - click to the next breakpoint …

This is one reason, why at the moment it is highly recommended to use fixed width breakpoints from widest screen size to 768 and start there with fluid width breakpoint for mobile.

It makes life so much easier, less copied elements, which make your website heavier from breakpoint to breakpoint, instead of only using all elements one time rearrange them from breakpoint to breakpoint and you´re done.

I think you got this thread in other questions already but I try it again here: Muse not redirecting to tablet version​

Watch properly this gif from Pavel Homeriki : bd814a9775.gif​​  It is inside the above mentioned thread.

Hope this helps (btw, like this you can avoid this "shifting menu circles" in your header as well.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with fotoroeder, but there might be a slight possibility that what it is causing your design to scramble is that, somehow, on Muse when you copy any element belonging to a group the pasted element still belongs to the group that was copied from causing the entire (new) group to shift itself according to the new layout. I might be wrong but try to first ungroup the elements and copy/paste them separately onto the different breakpoints and then regroup and reorder them again, also pay attention to the pinning properties for elements on fluid sites this are not inherited by other breakpoints by default on Muse so you have to configure them from scratch.

Screenshot (13h 15m 27s).jpg

I hope this help.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Urbansaol  schrieb

I might be wrong but try to first ungroup the elements and copy/paste them separately onto the different breakpoints and then regroup and reorder them again, also pay attention to the pinning properties for elements on fluid sites this are not inherited by other breakpoints by default on Muse so you have to configure them from scratch.

Hi Urban. it is not necessary to ungroup them and copy it as single elements.

You can copy the whole group, then hide it in other breakpoints, click in the next breakpoint, paste that group, ungroup it and so on. If you have pinned your elements/group to the center of the container (three dots), it copies this attributes as well. If you then need other pinning, change it.

nilleg57851248  But still my recommendation: Try it with fixed width breakpoints.

Not mentioned yet, depending on your content at some point you will realize that the minimum height is too large.

You can adjust this in the page properties by (here it will get interesting) setting the height for each individual breakpoint.

You can watch this, using the scrubber. You have to do enough with this, if you do this for all pages in your mobile versions.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to do 3 fixed breakpoint and the 768 breakpoint fluid, but still with a lot of problems with weird copy of only some of the elements I copy and also some element I do not copy, So after many hours I simply did "hide the element in the breakpoint,- at all breakpoint. Quite a mess.

And then HAPPY FINALLY and ready to publish. but then the MUSE crashes every time at the "Experimental archaeology page" that I have changed today. CRY!!

I have a lot of RAM alway available and no other programs running when I try to publish. Even tried to do it on another  and bigger PC. I have not had problems with that before today.

The MUSE file is only 180 mb! Can that be true?

Uwe, I have really carefully read all your advice over and over again and followed your steps. But...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, 180 MB is quite big, as far as I experienced so far (I`m a photographer, I know huge files).

If you have HAPPY FINALLY and Muse crashes now, I assume, someone of the Muse Team should inspect your file.

We could give it one last try, if you extract this one single page "Experimental archaeology page", which you have changed today.

Share this one single page via dropbox.

How to? Save your complete site with another name, delete all pages which work fine and keep the one which destroys your mind. Share this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You 🙂

Dropbox - NilleViking12 juniOseberg.muse

Before I send you this link I took out this page and another similar( experimental archaeology) and published the other 11 page to the site nilleviking.com

That went ok, then I tried to export this Oseberg alone but Muse crashed at 22%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you export as html? Why don`t you upload to ftp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-12 um 23.42.06.png

1. This should never happen. No content outside the canvas any time. Same with footer. I cannot edit the master page.
  2. Why did you lock all elements?
  3. Anchors should be placed in the top left corner, never outside the canvas. You should know that browsers try to put the anchor in the top left corner of the browser window.
  4. You mixed fixed width breakpoints with responsive header, this will not work
  5. You pinned your menu circles to the left inside the container?
  6. You have to take care that you watch for borders, Your text and all other content must fit inside the smaller breakpoint. So this text must fit inside the borders of 1206. From there all content must fit inside 960 and so on.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-13 um 00.22.06.png

It would now take too much time to watch everything. Your grouping is weird and unnecessary except for fluid with breakpoints.

Even if I want to try to help with one item. With this grouping I have no chance.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-13 um 00.27.07.png

Instead of grouping you should place your content in layers. Like this you could order your content.

Groups inside groups with more groups makes me shivering.

I tried now for almost one hour to ungroup everything, it doesn`t work. It is really a mess. Who told you to group everything?

This is not at all working with fixed width layouts.

Sorry, at this point I give up

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you a lot. I have learned a more from you the last week than at one semester at my graphic design school 😄 (no more comments on that 😉 )

I have now been working some hours doing what you told me, but one thing I really do not understand, is how the layers work in MUSE. I have worked a lot with layer in Indesign and Illustrator and there I think they are fantastic. But here!

I have moved the element for the different breakpoint's to different layers and ungrouped(!) them all. And all breakpoint I have hided in other breakpoint's. But I keep getting the problem that the other breakpoint get effected/disturbed when I work in the other,- so I never get a chance to get finish!

I'm uploading to Business catalyst because I intend to use only Adobe in the future. I gave that up for now though but has keep the BC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, layers work a bit different I guess. I am mainly familiar with layers in PS.

Layers are used in my opinion to order elements for each page.

It could lead to misunderstanding, because all layers are visible on all pages.

But the chance on this: colors could help, that elements do not "lay" in layers from different pages than that you are working on right now.

This grouping used most of the hazzle you got because: Grouped elements try to be visible on all breakpoints.

In your case finally, going with fixed width breakpoints you do not need grouping anymore – you can rearrange the same element on different breakpoint. You could even resize the same element for each breakpoint. Like this you can reduce your heavy site to as little as 20 to 30 MB, I guess (it was 170 at one time, wasn`t it). Therefor you don`t have to hide in other breakpoint anymore.

There´s still a chance to get finished .

Maybe best way - start from scratch with a blank MASTER (still on the same site) - create your breakpoints on your NEW MASTER as described earlier:  bd814a9775.gif​​

Now copy your elements from the "old" master and paste it onto the NEW MASTER, watch for the scrubber, watch that never any element is outside the canvas even if you use the scrubber. You might have to redesign your rounded footer.

If you have finished this in your widest breakpoint, rearrange the second breakpoint, you may need this hamburger much sooner, because of the amount of menu items.

Get back as soon as you finished this, start with a NEW PAGE 1, copy step by step your elements from the old No1 to the NEW NO 1.

Fix everything in your widest breakpoint. If you have placed everything than move/create your second breakpoint and rearrange.

Does this make sense to you? ( I was told to "do the Elon Musk" on another thread for this )

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes absolutely All this makes finally sense 🙂 And is exactly what I have done today 😄

But still the elements from other layers and other breakpoints interfears.

I Have put each breakpoint on different layers and even lucked them when I work on the other one, but to no help 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nono, you don`t have to put elements between different breakpoints on different layers.

Put every "theme" that you need in one certain layer. Put the following theme in another layer, Arrange this layers, so it is easy for you to find "themewise" where you are working on or where you have to work on.

You could name these layers.

USE COLOURS AND LAYERS – watch and download if you like.

This is just one suggestion. You must find your own way of ordering your elements, though.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems with Breakpoint. The firs image you put out,- where the header goes out ids do to that the p breakpoint's in the Master do not start at zero but at -100 -something. And that mins differ for every time I jump to a new breakpoint in the Master, but when I jump to the page they all start at 0. How to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh They even differs when clicking in the different breakpoint's. Help!

Skjermbilde 2017-06-13 10.41.42.png

Skjermbilde 2017-06-13 10.46.09.png

Skjermbilde 2017-06-13 10.46.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines