Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Adobe Muse Site file requires a newer version of Adobe Muse

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We've recently upgraded from an old MAC suite which had Adobe Muse 18.1 to a Windows 10 suite with better specs for editing and the exact same software.

Previously when the error message "The Adobe Muse Site file requires a newer version of Adobe Muse" we would copy the file and duplicate it, this would then resolve it however, this no longer works and there isn't another version.

The files were originally created in Muse 2017, ideally we could do with a workaround as it involves around 100 students coursework that uses Muse and I understand that support has almost ceased completely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Kyle

TOPICS
Bugs , End of life , Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was your Muse file opened and saved in s newer Muse version or in a newer prerelease version? In this case you have to update Muse (there was released an updaten some days ago).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter,

No, the MAC and the Windows version were always kept up-to-date simulataneously as the students used both MACs and Window's based PC's.

2018.0 release.

I wasn't aware there was an update, I'm guessing it will need to be manually installed or is it being provisioned by Creative Cloud?

Thanks

Kyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The upate is provided by the Creative Cloud Application. But be cautious: All "social widgets"will be removed!

Just read this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Muse/muse-2018-1-1-update/m-p/10613566#M47455

If you want to preserve these widgets do the following:

1. Before updating, place all of these widget onto a newly created Muse document.
  2. Save this document.
  3. Update Muse.
  4. Open the document containing the social widgets.
  5. Save every widget in you personal Muse library.

Additionally:

• I am quite sure, that the issue, you are encountering isn’t caused by Muse, but by opening and saving the document in different versins (or prerelease versions) of Muse.
  • Your strategy: "Previouslywhen the error message The Adobe Muse Site file requires a newer version of Adobe Muse we would copy the file and duplicate it, this would then resolve it however, this no longer works and there isn't another version." definitely never(!) worked. A file, which was saved in a newer version of Muse can’ and couldn’t be opend in an older version by duplicationg the file. A .muse file never couldn’t be opened in an older version of Muse.
  • Your Muse version (if you give us the correct data) is really outdated: You are talking about Muse 2018.0. But there is a version 2018.1 since March 2018. And even this version is superseeded by Muse 2018.1.1 since several weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter, I have now seen the 2018.1.6 update and it was working with the files in question, however, I can only manually install this and the offline media options within CCP doesn't recognise the executable Muse Set-Up; I have tried the download here (Which I did before) : https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html and this installs the Muse 2018.0 version but it works with GPO deployment. Any advice? Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I can’t help, because I have no idea what you mean with "CCP" and "GPO deployment".

Additionally there is – as far as I know –  no "2018.1.6" update.

We have 2018.0, 2018.1 and 2018.1.1.

But if you can now use the file in question with the Muse update, it must have been saved in a newer version as the one, with which you tried it formerly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, Creative Cloud Packager I meant, we're using Adobe Teams Licensing, GPO = Group Policy Object Deployment. What I was meant to say is 2018.1.1.6 Version, I can't even find a 2018.1.1. offline installer. I'm going to see if the enterprise toolkit can help in any manner, thank you for your help so far.

EDIT: Enterprise Toolkit only covers Acrobat Pro DC, never mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines