• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The pages in my muse file can't open. Please help.

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what it looks like. All I can do is preview the site. Closing the window seems to cause Muse to crash. How can I fix this issue?

museerror.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

So your file opens at my end without any issue, that means there isn't any issue with the file.

It might be with the preferences.

Please try the following steps see if any of them works.

Solution 1: Reset Preferences

• Make sure Adobe Muse is not open.

For Windows:

• Go to the following path in Windows Explorer. C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming
  • (Replace <user_name> with your username)
  • Look for a folder named as "com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.VERSION" and rename it to "com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.VERSION_old"

For MAC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is weird. Does it happen with all projects or just some?

Can you try reinstalling Adobe Muse and let us know? Also, does your computer meet the system requirements for Adobe Muse?

Muse system requirements

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does and I have tried reinstalling the software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, it only happens to one project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ryanl,

As you said that this happens only with one particular file, let me take a chance to look into your file.

would you mind sharing your .muse file with me?

For sharing the muse file you can upload it to Dropbox or WeTransfer and send it across to me in a private message.

A private message can be done by clicking on my username and choosing "'message" option.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your file opens at my end without any issue, that means there isn't any issue with the file.

It might be with the preferences.

Please try the following steps see if any of them works.

Solution 1: Reset Preferences

• Make sure Adobe Muse is not open.

For Windows:

• Go to the following path in Windows Explorer. C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming
  • (Replace <user_name> with your username)
  • Look for a folder named as "com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.VERSION" and rename it to "com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.VERSION_old"

For MAC:

• Go to Following location ~/Library/Preferences
  • Rename the following folder by adding "_old" at the end of them
  • com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.VERSION and AdobeMuse

Now try to launch Muse and check if it works

Solutions 2: Uninstall and Reinstall

Uninstall Muse from Creative Cloud application

During the process please click "Yes Remove Preferences"

Once Muse is uninstalled and reinstall it and try to launch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having the same problem, I tried doing both the solutions you suggested. I think the problem might be because I copied the file on to a mac and worked on it, and then I copied it back to my PC, and that is when the problem started. Any suggestions as to how I could make it open the pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It´s better, to open a new thread with this, as this question/thread is setto be solved.

What exactly does not happen? You have a .muse and cannot open it on a PC?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi. yeah it seems so...

but my problem is exactly what the OP posted. The thumbnails are gone, I can open the .muse file, but it looks the same as the screenshot that OP posted. none of the pages can be opened.  And this happened only after I took the .muse file that I created on my PC, and worked on it on a Mac, and brought it back to my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same issue... I have oped my muse project and couldn't open any of the pages apart from 'home' one which was opening automatically when I was switching to 'design' mode. I tried solution one and it didn't help. After uninstalling Muse it does not appear in Creative Cloud anymore.

I have PC laptop with with Windows 10 (64) installed.

I need to make some urgent changes to the website so prompt solution would be much appreciated.

Thanks

michal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muse is EOL now so it's considered an Older App.  Open CC Desktop App and select Show Older Apps from your preferences.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines