• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There will be an alternative for Adobe Muse

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there will be an alternative for Adobe Muse.

The business modell just fails. Everything is about money.

A lot of other companies make good widgets, only Adobe had to make that in the software. The software by itself had not much potentional, the widgets filled the gap.

So i think, and hope more, they will be come with something new soon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey LexTD,

We hear you. Please visit this discussion https://adobe.ly/2ulFqm5 on the Adobe Muse forum where other users are discussing alternative solutions.

Adobe is making our own investment in DIY website creation and welcomes all Muse customers to join our upcoming pre-release program for a new format that will be introduced this year as part of Adobe Spark.

Build a beautiful website—in minutes | Adobe Spark

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Ankush

we designers don't want that!

We want to make a button in PS and place that in an design. We want to make a logo or vector in AI and als place that also. We want to make gradients or other fills.

We don't want that webbased crap!

We are designers u know? We mix and match things together  to make something we satisfied with .

I cannot believe Adobe is still don't know their customers

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I would like to see something more like Apple's Everweb, I liked Dreamweaver when you could use just the design feature if you wanted too.

Sonny Ogilvie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everweb is a third party. Not Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I completely agree!!! 

Why didn't you put those function in Dreamweaver??? I want to make design and not care why this code does this and not what I want or what It suppose to do and didn't.

Now I'm trying to figure out the Dreamweaver and well I put it somehow together and after put another thing,all of it fall apart 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🙈 I don't have time to learn the code completely and write it 🙈

Please I want Muse back or at least put those functions in Dreamweaver. The spark isn't good.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Muse is never coming back.
  • Dreamweaver is for people who WANT to work with code.

Look at DIY site builders like Adobe Portfolio (free with paid Creative Cloud plans).  Simple to use, responsive and no coding skills needed.

https://portfolio.adobe.com/

Or maybe you should try WordPress with a visual designer plugin like Elementor. 

https://elementor.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all understand that, but that's not what we want or need.

I've been looking into so many different web designing options and STILL none of them work how I want. Muse, though two years without an update works better for me than any of these new and updated designing tools. Although it may never come back or be redeveloped into a new software, we want it. I use Muse for work and will continue until something better is created. So far, nothing else even comes close to what I love about Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrilla_Francis,

Have you stopped to think about what you will do when your Muse generated sites stop performing as expected?   What will you do then?

Muse is never going to change.  It's permanently discontinued.  Meanwhile the web keeps changing. Eventually, all Muse sites will fail in one way or another.  If you don't migrate to new software soon, you could be putting yourself in a very bad place.

Change is hard.  I get that.  But don't allow yourself to be sentimental about discontinued software.  That's a recipe for failure.  If you want a future in web design, learn to work with code. Or switch to an online DIY site builder like Squarespace, Wix, Webflow or whatever...  As Nike says, "just do it!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, we designers want to DESIGN, freely, without restrictions, period.

Muse could also adapt to the changes of the web to stay up to date.

It was the perfect tool (still is) for designers to build web pages independently. No other software truly does that.

If I love playing clasical guitar and people perfectly enjoy listening to my music, why should I be forced to play a trumpet (because the music industry is changing)? I would hate it, I would not be able to express myself, I would only make it squeak and people would definetly not buy my music anymore. 

It is such a big shame Muse was discuntinued. I am still building websites in it and when they stop working someday, my clients will have to find another person to do a new website for them. Will they be happy with their new - generic design? Will the new "designer" be able to match the new website to the existing and powerfull corporate identity? 

Sure, I can learn to play an electric guitar, or even a harp for that matter, but please, don't force me to blow into a metal pipe, I would give up on music, definitely. 

(I love trumpets too, they sound beautifuly, respect to all trumpeteers!) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your concern. I have already looked into everything about this. Perhaps one day, Muse will fall behind. I have a plan for that. As it is right now, HTML and CSS aren't getting code-changing updates, so Muse will work for awhile longer. Despite the timeframe for Muse being a working application, the point isn't about how long it will last. It's all about usability and versatility. As a designer, all of this new stuff like SquareSpace, Wix, Wordpress, Without Code, etcetera is annoying to work with. Muse isn't. Muse is so much faster and understandable. I can also do so much more with it. The possibilities are practically endless. I was using Wix before I remembered Muse. I got a couple clients here and there, but the websites just couldn't be what they really wanted. They were just good enough. When I started using Muse, people were blown away by what I could do. I like GregaBT's musical analogy. I was like a kid learning to play an instrument for the first time with Wix. At the end of the day, I could play the song, but it was slow, and many notes would be wrong. It was hard and annoying. People weren't impressed. Muse was like opening a symphony hall for me. I started getting more clients than I could handle. Previously my film career was paying for my Adobe subscription. Surprisingly enough, Muse is now my main source of income. I understand eventually it will very likely come to an end, but until then I cannot make myself switch. Switching now would not only be a challenge, it would be a crippling and a massive money-loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"HTML and CSS aren't getting code-changing updates, so Muse will work for awhile longer."

There's much more to the web than HTML and CSS.  Muse contains a lot of JavaScript.  How well the old scripts hold up remains to be seen.  Meanwhile JavaScript and web browsers continue to evolve.  I'll let you connect the dots. 

JavaScript Versions (1997 - 2018)

https://www.w3schools.com/js/js_versions.asp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just trying to learn WordPress - if you really miss Muse just try doing that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

I'm sorry but spark isn't an application at this time for a business or professional website? It is a image, a text, an image, a text, one or two effects. It is good maybe to show your travel photos to friends. I don't see something professionnel? We don't want something basic.

Why condamne an application like muse without creating something else today.  You don't know if your DIY website creation will be appreciate by the customers  from Muse? You don't know well your customers. Did you ask them about their wish?

Thank you.

Sandrine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @LexTD ,

watch out at webflow, they provide your workaround as well. They do in in the software as well – no widgets as far as I can see.

Also try to calm down and have a look at Without Code from muse-themes.com later this year or pretty soon.

I asked spark-team about the logo and button staff as well and got an answer after 2 weeks.

Not a satisfying answer but they are working on it, I guess.

Of course right now spark is no alternative at all for web"designers".

XD missing the output to web.

Be aware that the muse sites don`t get deleted after 2019 and will remain live and in good shape for a longer time than most users are afraid of. Of course it is a pity and bad timing and if the would have asked us users about what to do, well … .

There´s also a spreadsheet to have a look, published by Preran​, I guess? Adobe Muse Alternatives - Google Sheets

There are many alternatives.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe

Thanks for your answer

i'm calm and relaxed only very disappointed in Adobe

I looked some youtube files and mabey Webflow is for now the best alternative.

Muse seems better but why i spend more time with software that stops i a while.

My clients needs the best working sites and with the best security and Muse can only guaranteed that for a couple of years

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find the backslash to Adobe abandoning Muse to be really bizarre. People claim that Adobe "only cares about money", but the biggest whiners about the end of Muse are the people who have built a business around it and now are scrambling because they don't ACTUALLY know how to build a website. That is to say, it's the users who are the most concerned about money.

I have sympathy. I only just now started learning Muse. I'm literally going through the Classroom In A Book when i got the notice that Muse is ending.

But the reality is that Muse didn't have a large enough user base to justify it's existence. And keeping on top of the changing web landscape is incredibly difficult for developers to distill it down into a push-button solution like Muse. The concept of a "website" is becoming more and more ambiguous and less and less important.

I do blame Adobe, though, as I constantly do. They put out too many software applications and then barely explain what it is that they do. I think that, if you went to Adobe Creative Cloud subscribers and went "How would you like a software that allowed you to build a website in an environment like InDesign without writing code?" 75 percent of subscribers would be ecstatic. And then if you said, "It's already available and called Muse!" they would say, "what? Since when?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like to know more about "Without Code" Where can I find more info?

Perry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

Muse had a long development phase. Much valuable input from us designers has been put into the development. Finally, Muse was a pretty useful application that allows us designers to create good responsive websites without using code. Result: By killing Adobe Muse, our work has been mostly for nothing. Adobe is developing applications that don't meet the needs of its customers. Spark, is not an alternative for Muse. Probably this application will also flop like many other Adobe products before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By abandoning Muse, Adobe is abandoning small, independent design businesses in favor of large workflow corporate design environments. It blows my mind that they would kick individual designers to the curb like this, but they are. Muse had just started maturing into a useful design tool. I think this is a mistake on their part. It certainly hurts individual designers such as myself.

They could easily have serviced the large team design approach with XD and Dreamweaver, and continued to serve the independent designer with Muse, and have the DIY tools like Spark for non-designers and amateurs who want to create individual pages and posts for their businesses without hiring a designer.

This is forcing me to find an alternative web design tool. As a solo designer, I'm not going to waste my time learning XD and using Dreamweaver to create. This would take me three times longer to create the exact same sites that I would otherwise be creating in Muse, and with no gain in the look or value of the site.

At this point, Webflow seems like the best, current alternative to Muse out there for web designers who wish to focus on design and not prototyping and coding, or drag-and-drop and limited DIY approaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

Totally in shock and definitely not aMused! Less than a week ago I still got the Muse feedback screen....

The reason that I'm using Muse is that I HATE those template straightjacket crap. Yesterday I had a look at Spark and I hope this will be an early april´s fool joke. I also googled for a really alternative and found 3 of them and they are not Adobe. When all this is not a joke, I hope and suspect that these companies are clever and fill the gap before Muse really dies. That would not only disappoint us clients, but would also be a business failure.

But still I hope it is a joke, or the decision can be undone. Whenever there's a petition, I will sign it with pleasure.

Send you love and a lot of wisdom!

Karin

* typos because of emotions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why adobe is sending us to other companies.  Of course the thread announcing the demise of Muse has been removed.  I am . very disappointed with Adobe not treating your designer customers with respect.  I pay you enough and wonder why first I got an e mail raising my prices and then the week later telling me about Muse cancellation. All of you guys seem to be saying the same thing in a million different ways.  I asked for the truth from Adobe. I asked for the big wigs at Adobe to make a statement about this to all of us.  This isn't like a brand or model of a car that is being discontinued it is about a software tool that has become very valuable to the design community. It is about the Adobe brand that has eroded into a greedy corporation with obvious leaders who care more about shareholders than their customers.  I will work with Muse as long as I can. But We all had a heck of an emotional week last week. We are all in disbelief. I am still in disbelief but really just angry that you have the power to hold us hostage with monthly fees that I will have to pay as long as I wish to be a designer or until the industry standard for layout software shifts to a company who actually cares.

You are basically bullies. I have read your terms.  And just the other day I had to reread them again and agree to them if I wanted to continue to use your products.  You know I didn't agree with many points but had to check that little box to keep working.  This scares me Adobe. That is bullying tactics. Essentially your terms say we as customers have no rights at all.  And we all have to sign it. Then of course if you dispute this after the fact you are told that you signed the terms of use.

I have to use your products like the whole design community. I have been a designer a long time.  I never expected my major supplier would turn out to be a company who forgets who supported them in the beginning. Illustrator 88 that was my first Adobe product.  It isn't about Muse it is about horrible business practices from a company whose executives do not have the decency to come forward and tell us why this is happening and what we really can hope to see from Adobe and web design products down the road.  Something is fishy here.  I feel some fake news around this announcement. There is a back story here that we all deserve to know.

I will never trust Adobe again.  I appreciate the support fro a year and I was sure glad I never used Business Catalyst.  I can ease my clients into a revised site if and when the time comes. But you don't get the impact of turning your backs on the design community, the same community that allows your Executive office to live the life of a hugely paid entity. We as designers sure won't make that kind of money.  And the decision that these high paid people made has cost the design community millions plus.  The sad part is Adobe does not care.  I have had business blows over my 30+yers as a designer and this is just another blip.  I hope this costs you millions.  But what I really would like to see is honest, ethics and some compassion from the head office officers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush, the problem is that MUSE could handle softball photography sites all the way up to heavy corporate sites. I REALLY hate that Muse is going away. I wish they had done more advertising. The cost was not bad and my clients loved the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO, YOU DIDN'T HEAR US!!!!!  My entire business model centered around the use of Muse, and now everything I worked for is gone!  What's the point of a CC subscription if the software I want is no longer available?!?!  Thanks Adobe.  There's a special place in HELL for people like you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this yet Ankushr?... Beta date  /  features included etc!

cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines