Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tool tip Menu Fixed left isnt fixed?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm new to muse and I've only just started to get my head around how things work

I've used the 'Tool tip' widget provided by Muse to create a menu bar, I've then added another tool tip on top of this to create a sub menu to some off the services, I've fixed both to the left in this breakpoint but the sub menu doesn't appear to be fixed left when I preview this in my browser

Can anyone help this is driving me crazy!?

1.jpg

2.jpg

thanks

Steven

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

The way you did it, it heavily overcomplicated and can’t work this way, because the elements are blocking each other.

• You have a composition A – the hamburger menu.
  • Under the target of this composition A, there is a vertical menu.
  • On these elements there is a placed composition B, the trigger of which is placed onto(?) the target of composition A. The target of composition B is outside of composition A.
  • Within the target of composition B we find another menu.

This is completely „misconstructed".

Plea

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide a simple .muse? Only one page with your tooltips? We can have a closer look at it.

Do we talk about a composition widget? One of these compositions is called tooltip.

Seems you used a vertical menu and a composition, from watching the screenshots?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, how do I send over the .muse file or add it to this?

yes this is a composition widget called tooltip and yes I've added a vertical menu onto this

thanks

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'd be best if you include a file or a dropbox link. I'm wondering why you'd use a Tooltip widget for this while such functionality is embedded in the Menu widget - It'll allow you to create stacks based on the pages and you can turn on the option to show submenus for deeper stacking.

Best,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox - RVG Website.muse

Please see attached, hopefully I've done this right

Any guidance regarding anything else on this site would be much appreciated, as I said I've only started using muse recently so I've only really been playing about with everything and finding out what buttons do what

thanks

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you manage to solve this issue at all or has anyone else had any luck?

thanks

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way you did it, it heavily overcomplicated and can’t work this way, because the elements are blocking each other.

• You have a composition A – the hamburger menu.
  • Under the target of this composition A, there is a vertical menu.
  • On these elements there is a placed composition B, the trigger of which is placed onto(?) the target of composition A. The target of composition B is outside of composition A.
  • Within the target of composition B we find another menu.

This is completely „misconstructed".

Please look at this sample .muse file, which uses your intended menu system in a much easier, streamlined and – above all – working way!

The second example at the bottom of the sample page is the one, I’d suggest to use.

For demonstration reasons and better understanding I coloured the elements.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xq8gp5hs1v8q2vr/stevenh1227.muse?dl=0

since you are new to Muse, I’d really recommend, to have a very deep look at the tutorial here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/muse.html

and the Muse jam sessions by Dani Beaumont (product manager of Adobe Muse):

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dani+beaumont​

By the way: Besides the menu, there are many more issues on your site, which will definitely prevent it to work correctly on different devices. Please read this link:

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8953

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this, this has solved my issue for now but I see what you mean about the rest of the website having issues.. I've just input a HTML to stop the horizontal scrolling as I couldn't find a way around removing the white on the side and I was puzzled for ages, I knew this wasn't the correct solution but it worked at the time..

I will definitely be looking into fixing this though before I go any further, I think its just that I don't understand how muse works as well as I should so those tutorials will come in very useful

thanks

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines