• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tooltip/Quickinfo widget causing horizontal scroll bar issues in responsive layout

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since one of the latest updates (introducing the responsive widgets) I have a serious issue with pretty much every composition widget if I have the following settings:
- all parts of the widget are not responsive
- the widget ist placed on the right side of the page
- anchor to the right side of the browser window
Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-05 um 11.28.00.png

Now... everything seems to work... but:
There suddenly is an "empty space" on the right side of my page, which causes a horizontal scrollbar to appear.
Even with the browser inspector I couldn't identify, where it is coming from. It doesn't seem to be an empty div oder something like that.
Maybe it is some css (right margin, negative right position value... I don't know...)
If I remove the widget, the white space is gone.
I tried different compositions from the widget library and always get the same problem, when I set the parameters as pointed out above.
I didn't change anything on this site since the last versions of muse.
It worked perfectly fine befor the responsive widgets were introduced. Since then, this widget causes the described problem.
I tried different compositions, deleted the one I was using and created it from zero as a completely fresh element, I played around with the settings of the different parts of the widget, which most of the time didn't do anything or messed up the position of the elements completely.

If I open the website with muse 2017.0 the problem is gone. I open the website with muse 2018.0 (not changing anything) and preview or upload the site, the scrollbar and the mysterious whitespace appear.
Isn't there anyone else, having this problem? I couldn't find it anywhere on the web...
If you have any solution, that would be absolutely awesome!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

EDIT: The scrollbar only appears, if the browser window gets smaller in width than the defined page width. But that is expected behaviour.

I do not think this is the expected behavior. This is clearly a bug. My first answer was the same decision as yours. But when I began to reduce the browser window, I discovered this problem. I did not begin to continue the discussion, hoping that you know the solution. But if you get the same behavior, it means that we ran into bug

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using a 3000 px(!!) fluid breakpoint.

Could it be, you are confusing two different things:

First, you tell us „the widget is placed on the right side of the page“. And then you say, that you have an „anchor to the right side of the browser window“. This isn’t correct. The pinning, you are using is page pinning, not browser pinning.

Could you please place such a composition (empty, if possible) onto a blank .muse site and share the download link via Dropbox, CC Files, … with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.
What you are pointing out is correct.
I wasn't actually confusing these two things, when I was creating the website, but what I wrote was confusing an technically incorrect.
The anchor is to the right side of the page, not the browser window.
So, it should stay on the right side but will be scrolled vertically with the rest of the content.

I was thinking, if actually the 3000px breakpoint might cause some issues. So I changed it to 1200px, but the problem remained.
I created a completely new muse-file with nothing in it but this single widget and I have the same problem (uploaded it via dropbox):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8uk01z5aupuo8e6/Quickinfo-Test.muse?dl=0

I actually feel a little bit dumb, since I believe that I'm missing one tiny simple thing and just can't figure it out...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have all the objects of the widget pinned separately by themselves. But the widget as a whole is not pinned. Remove all these pinnings and pin the entire widget

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.
I tried this, but it doesn't work.
I removed the pinning of the objects and only pinned the widget. But the result is that the position of the widget and the objects is messed up.
If I pin the widget and all the objects it doesn't seem to make a difference. The position is correct but the space and the horizontal scrollbar appear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a glitch in this composition. When I drag a new one from the widgets panel onto the page and configure it the same way, the scrollbar won’t appear.

But this issue is very easy to fix:

• First of all: I don’t know, if you need the widget set to „Position: Scattered“ in the configuration panel.
  • Set the composition to „Position: Stacked“.
  • Now you can see, why the scrollbar probably(!) appears: The targets move down and – above all –  to the right a little bit:Screen.jpg
    A glitch? A corrupted composition? No idea, but it definitely shouldn’t happen.
  • In „Position: Stacked“ reposition the target area to the place, where it should be.
  • Now the scrollbar won’t appear any more in browser view,
  • If you need „Position: Scattered“ for whatever reason, switch it back to „Scattered" again, and the issue is gone too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.
This sounds good. I actually think, that the composition or muse itself is kind of corrupted.
Like I said, your solution sounds good but I can't reproduce it.
Changing the position to stacked shows the same offset as in your screenshot.
I reposition everything but the scrollbar appears, no matter if I leave the position to stacked or change it to scattered.

The solution pointed out above (changing the pinning of the objects and the widget as a whole) which didn't work for me either, brings me to the conclusion, that there has to be some kind of glitch or corruption with the widget or muse itself (I have the german version, which shouldn't make any difference).

Is there a way to "reinstall" the widget library?

Günter Heißenbüttel​
Could you send me your muse-file, where the problem was solved? That would be great!
I wanna check out if it works for me, too.
If not, it has to be a problem with muse itself, I guess.
Since everything worked fine until version 2017.0 this is probably the case...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I can do! Follow this link to download the sample file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/63wibkwgzug7ug3/patrickd59572097.muse?dl=0

What I forgot to write in my last post: Additionally unpin all the widget parts. Only pin the complete widget.

EDIT: The scrollbar only appears, if the browser window gets smaller in width than the defined page width. But that is expected behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think this is the expected behavior. This is clearly a bug. My first answer was the same decision as yours. But when I began to reduce the browser window, I discovered this problem. I did not begin to continue the discussion, hoping that you know the solution. But if you get the same behavior, it means that we ran into bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please explain, Pavel Homeriki​?

When I have a fixed width page, and make the browser window smaller than the width of this page, it is quite clear to me, that a scrollbar appears – at least on macOS, where this behaviour is standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Günter Heißenbüttel​.

Is this a fixed page width?

8173bc6fac.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short, Pavel Homeriki​: You are right!

Sorry for the confusion!

I will report this in the Prerelease forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Both of you!

Yes. I'm pretty sure by now, it's actually a bug.
This means, I will probably have to find a workaround or create the whole menu via "Insert HTML" and write it in HTML/CSS/JS...

Günter Heißenbüttel​: Thank you for reporting. I hope, this will be fixed in the near future...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines