Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Top Ruler Starting at 100 instead of 0

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a slight issue with the ruler at the top of the website. The left side of the website starts at -100 on the ruler. The 0 is roughly one inch into the site. Any ideas how to reset the ruler so the website starts at 0?

A screen shot is attached.

Thank you!

Muse.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Always the same issue. If you use the search command, you'll find tons of threads about this.

Mobile browsers try to display every element, which you have placed. If there are element outside the breakpoint/page width, the page will be displayed in reduced size and shifted to the side with these misplaced elements.

Check your pages – including master pages, – that no element overlaps/is placed outside the page/breakpoint boundaries. You can identify misplaced elements — even invisible ones — by

• m

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the following:

• Deselect every element on your page.
  • Go to the „Fill“ command in the upper control strip and choose a colour
  • Now your actual site will be coloured.
  • Have a look, it  the ruler origin („0“) is positions at the left edge of your page, which now is clearly visible.

I think, you mistakenly assume, that the canvas of your document is the page width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help. I added the red colour to see the actual website size. How can I remove the white sections from the sides? I have tried to reduce the page width in the site properties, but that did not work.

muse 2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. The area outside the page dimensions represents the browser background, which you can modify as well. There is no need to remove this. You only should keep your guidelines visible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I understand. When I view the website on my phone, the website is not centred and the left side of the webpage is cut off. Any idea how to fix this? I assumed it was related to the page margin.

image1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always the same issue. If you use the search command, you'll find tons of threads about this.

Mobile browsers try to display every element, which you have placed. If there are element outside the breakpoint/page width, the page will be displayed in reduced size and shifted to the side with these misplaced elements.

Check your pages – including master pages, – that no element overlaps/is placed outside the page/breakpoint boundaries. You can identify misplaced elements — even invisible ones — by

• moving the scrubber slowly inwards (if you have fluid breakpoints/pages)

• zooming out and hit cmd+A (select all).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines