• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transitioning Muse to the Customer

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so years back I assisted in building a Muse website for a close friend. Due to my current work situation I am just no longer able to update the website for them as needed and would like to give them an option for someone else take over and edit/upkeep the site without me. With Muse also shutting down, I would like to make the change sooner rather than later.

I have no Website pro and have been hosting through GoDaddy for the past couple of years. i would like to know what I can do to give the website over to the business owner so that they have the code to update as needed in the future without Muse.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

When the OP said "without Muse" I took that to mean the client doesn't have a CC subscription or access to the Muse app.   What will the client do with MU files if they have no app that can open them?

I still think the only option is exporting to HTML.  And hope the client has enough coding skill to work with native web files in another editor like VS Code, Pinegrow, Coffee Cup HTML editor, etc...

Failing that, it's a site re-build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey SurefootDesigns,

See this thread which might give some idea to achieve the goal - How can I hand over the whole Muse website to client.

Basically you can export the site as HTML and hand over the codes to your client who can later use them accordingly.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your client have good coding skills?  If not, then they need a new site that has a CMS they can use to maintain it.   This might be an opportune time to move to WordPress, WIX or GoDaddy Site Builder.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to give them the .Muse file... thats it

but you can also give them any extra files like images that got edited down... exporting the files to a cc Library and then link that library over to their Adobe id is how I do this and the best option in most cases but the collect all assets is good too if not really needed for just a home website

collectallassets.png

you don't host with Adobe BC so they don't need any of your account details but if you use any 3rd party widgets | fonts | cms etc then they may need to pay for those things themselves or use something else now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the OP said "without Muse" I took that to mean the client doesn't have a CC subscription or access to the Muse app.   What will the client do with MU files if they have no app that can open them?

I still think the only option is exporting to HTML.  And hope the client has enough coding skill to work with native web files in another editor like VS Code, Pinegrow, Coffee Cup HTML editor, etc...

Failing that, it's a site re-build.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok I read it that he has Muse now but will not in the future... if he doesn't have Muse now then yes I agree that a .muse file will not help and your code options are a good start with Pinegrow being the one i use myself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines