Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transitions Not Working On Lightbox Triggers

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been trying to set up a basic lightbox on one of the pages of my site but I'm having problems getting the transitions working on the triggers.

I currently have two light boxes set up on the page and have the rollover transitions set up to fade and reveal the title of the project underneath.

I have noticed that everything works OK when viewed on a PC monitor but when I open it on my iMac retina display the transition doesn't work.

My site is set to HiDPI for retina displays and the thumbnails are all set up at x2 resolution as well. Would his be the reason why the transitions aren't working? If so, does anyone know how to fix it so it works across all displays?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

I think(!), this is working as expected.

• You have one trigger, which for that reason is active, and shows, what you have defined in aktive state.
  • Since there is no second trigger it never reaches the other states.

But if you add a second trigger, nothing seems to change: Rollover and mouse down states don’t show up

I assume, the problem is, that you are trying to fade from image to nothing.

Try this:

• Fill the image from active state into all other states.
  • In mouseover and mousedown set opacity from „10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Could you please share the URL of your site so we can test it at our end and get into the root cause?

Is this something you have noticed after the recent Muse update>

If yes then I would also like get a small .muse file from you containing only the light box composition and effects applied to it.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, here's the link to the test site that I've set up:

Products 

I noticed that it did this on a previous version of MUSE as well so instead of using x2 images I resorted to using standard resolution images for the thumbnails instead. This solution wasn't ideal though because the images look fuzzy and out of focus compared to the rest of the site on HD screens.

Thanks
Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, have been working on some updates to the site so the link might have changed. Here's the revised URL:

Products

Thanks

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wimot,

I tried testing your site on my MacBook pro with a Retina monitor and I don't see any issues with the transition. Did you make any corrections to your site?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I haven't made any adjustments since posting the link above. The transition still doesn't work when I view the site on my iMac 27-inch 5k monitor. They do work on a Dell monitor that I have next to my iMac screen though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t see any transitions too (latest Safari and Chrome on iMac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the problem... I can see the fading transition when I view it on my Dell monitor and Preran can see them on a MacBook Pro with Retina screen.

I can't see them on my iMac 27-inch 5k monitor though... are you using the same monitor to view the site Günter?

Thanks
Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. But I don't believe, this is the reason.

Could you create a new site and place a lightbox with only one trigger/target onto it, and give us this .muse file? Please follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, here's the link to one of the triggers:

https://adobe.ly/2wn62k4

Kind Regards
Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think(!), this is working as expected.

• You have one trigger, which for that reason is active, and shows, what you have defined in aktive state.
  • Since there is no second trigger it never reaches the other states.

But if you add a second trigger, nothing seems to change: Rollover and mouse down states don’t show up

I assume, the problem is, that you are trying to fade from image to nothing.

Try this:

• Fill the image from active state into all other states.
  • In mouseover and mousedown set opacity from „100 %" to „0 %“.
  • Now, all should work as expected, as long as you use a light box display. Using a „normal“ target, will need to have a second trigger to affect hover and mouse down states.

ankushr40215001​and Preran​ would be fine, if you have a look at this too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much Günter! I've just tried your solution and it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines