• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Translation - copying entire site inside a folder

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to wrap my head around how I can do this. I have finished our school site and I am starting on the Portuguese site now.  The school does not want me to use the Google translation method because no Brazilian Portuguese is available and Google really messes up the language. 65% of our parents do not speak english, so we must do this.  Now for the question;  I am finished with the site, I want to just make a duplicate of it and put this site inside a folder on the server, can I easily just change the links? when I upload will it do this?  Sorry, I am so new to muse but I think I've done well for my first time.  Here is the site, and as you can see in the top left had corner, I have put the links for language (not live yet)  PASB | Home

Any suggestions would be appreciated. And sorry to be so green.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

As it is not easy and satisfying to find in the mentioned threads, just open your .muse and save it as a new file so that you have

pasb.muse and your pasb-portuguese.muse.

No you have to change and translate any content into Brazilian Portuguese.

Of course google translate will not do this properly.

Your flags now have to, for each page, link to the exact corresponding page in the other language.

Both sites are uploaded via muse for inbrowserediting.

Your pasb.com gets uploaded the normal way to the r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the exact answer to your question but I found a forum post where this topic has been discussed extensively. The discussion should provide you with insights into creating a multilingual site in Muse.

how to set up a multilingual website with Adobe Muse and push it live to Adobe Business Catalyst

Also see

Multi-language Website with Adobe Muse

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As it is not easy and satisfying to find in the mentioned threads, just open your .muse and save it as a new file so that you have

pasb.muse and your pasb-portuguese.muse.

No you have to change and translate any content into Brazilian Portuguese.

Of course google translate will not do this properly.

Your flags now have to, for each page, link to the exact corresponding page in the other language.

Both sites are uploaded via muse for inbrowserediting.

Your pasb.com gets uploaded the normal way to the root directory and the Brazilian Portuguese gets uploaded to

a folder, that you can either create within muse during the upload process or manually on your ftp and may be named

brazilian-portuguese.

Uploading then means, you have to upload to pasb.com/brazilian-portuguese .

Ask your provider, if they see any issues and if so, ask them to take care for the issues.

BTW, well done

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines