Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubles with the mobile phone version of a website

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello people:
I have a website under construction and now I try to design a mobile phone version.
https://unahistoriadeafrica.businesscatalyst.com/index.html
https://unahistoriadeafrica.businesscatalyst.com/phone/index.html
But, in some devices, the mobile version does not appear but the computer version. Also, on some devices, the typeface used on the web (Comic Sans) does not appear.
I would appreciate any indication that helps solve these problems.
A greeting.
José Luis García.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The site seems heavily misconstructed.

To simplify the research could you please

• delete all pages (phone and desktop) except the index page,
  • save the document under a new name,
  • upload it to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service, and
  • post the download link here.

Then we can have a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I send you the files of the index page.

Greetings with my thanks for your attention.

José Luis García

Unahistoriadeafrica Index.rar

<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ELEzCklpN-Kvfb8I0kdXJwQf2F5JnozI/view?usp=drive_web>

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 7:29 PM Günter Heißenbüttel <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You gave us the HTML output data, which aren’t helpful at all.

What we need is the corresponding .muse file. Please re-read my answer 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I attached the .muse file.

A greeting.

José Luis García

UNA HISTORIA DE AFRICA index.muse

<https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Yoz5PragnLmyqtIyhUvtHkGNBZoIuyZ/view?usp=drive_web>

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 11:56 AM Günter Heißenbüttel <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Poooh! I really think, you should have at first a very close look to the Muse tutorials: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/muse.html

There are so many issues on this site, that it extends the possibilities of a forum – unfortunately.

At first – for example – you have a desktop and a mobile site – both set to responsive. The phone site has a width starting with 897 px, which conflicts with the desktop site.

Secondly there are many wrong pinnings and width settings, which contradict one another.

Further: You have to respect the width of your pages/brakpoints, otherwise you will run into serious troubles.

And, and, and, …

To demonstrate, how such a site may work well, have a very(!!) close look at this sample file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/89ktbjbglzrj9qe/UNA%20HISTORIA%20DE%20AFRICA%20MOD.muse?dl=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:
It seems I have a hard job ahead of me.
But the template that you sent me can serve as a basis to build the website again.
In any case, I will start the task as soon as I have the necessary time.
Thank you very much for your diligent help.
José Luis García.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck! And feel free to ask, if you run into problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is End of Life.  I don't think you should spend time learning  software that has  no future.  Since all support for Muse will end  in 2020, I think a better use of your time would be learning to code.   If you can work with code, you can build whatever you need in any code editing tool you like.   You don't need Muse to build a responsive website.

As for Comic Sans, it's probably the most hated cursive font in the world.  I think it got that distinction  years ago from being overused in e-mails.  Comic Sans was showing up everywhere and people got sick to death of seeing it.   I won't debate the pros or cons of Comic Sans except to say it's not installed on all devices.  If the font isn't installed,  users can't see it.   For best results, stick with Windows / Mac web safe font-families.

As an example ,  if the 1st font in the list isn't on the system, the 2nd font will be used by the browser or the 3rd or 4th and so on.

h1 {

font-family: Franklin Gothic Medium, Franklin Gothic, ITC Franklin Gothic, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 24px;

font-style: normal;

font-variant: normal;

font-weight: 700;

line-height: 26px;

}

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we know Nancy: Whoever want to be present in the web, should learn coding! And if someone wants to simply take some holiday snapshots, we recommend him to buy a 5000 $ camera …

I‘ll never understand this ivory tower attitude …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the shoe is on the other foot.  This world has too many "web designers who can't work with code and don't want to learn code" mentality.   They are trapped in an ivory tower of denial & lame excuses.   Meanwhile the really talented players are working with code and building tomorrow's products today.  

Ask yourself this:  all things being equal, who would you be more likely to hire?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are living in your own world! Look, who makes/was making sites with Muse, and you will see, how ridiculous you never ending „Learn coding! Use Dreamweaver!“ is! But: How should you know? We are aware, that you don‘t know Muse at all, you don‘t know it’s users, you have never been active in this or Muse‘s Prerelease forum. You are only here, since Muse‘s EOL was announced in order to endlessly repeat your well known coding mantra. Believe me, no Muse user is interested in this!

I‘d really recommend, to concentrate your activities to the Dreamweaver forum. Here is definitely the wrong place for your favorite kind of statements. For me it is nothing but boring and annoying, to come here to help users and have to read in every second thread your „always the same“ statements without even trying to solve the problem in question.

Don‘t feel offended, but I am used, to say, what I mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to add here . We mentioned many times. Let´s see if it helps.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think every user should know that Muse has no future.   If my remarks bore & annoy you, don't read them.  Nobody is forcing you to do anything you don't want to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  schrieb

I think every user should know that Muse has no future.   If my remarks bore & annoy you, don't read them.  Nobody is forcing you to do anything you don't want to do.

I‘d really like to do so, but unfortunately it is impossible: Since I want to assist our Muse users in solving their actual problems (what is definitely not your intention), there is no way around reading the threads. Would be much simpler, if you stay away from threads, if you can‘t contribute solving the issues of the initial posters.

Please don‘t chase away (a) users which are looking for a solution of their problems and (b) users, which try (and are able to) help other users.

(But I know, this is blown in the wind …)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  schrieb

I think every user should know that Muse has no future.

I think every Muse user knows, that muse is EOL. It doesn`t annoy me that much. It´s just too much energy and almost no help from your side (exceptions prove the rule). You may get some credit points but …

Every new Muse user, starting with a complete new site, gets the warning from us anyway but not without the serious will to help in muse questions. I would love to get that help in coders forums. Till now I didn´t get one helpful at all.

But enough here, too much energy …

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few years ago they told me about MUSE and I thought it was a great idea. It is clear that I come from the world of graphic art and also that I do not know the HTML, but I know that there is a place between the templates and the code. Shortly after I started using MUSE I read criticisms that announced, and then celebrated, his disappearance. I also read positions that I think are more intelligent, which spoke of the need for improvements to achieve an optimal product. It may be that the program that occupies that strip between the templates and the code is not the MUSE, but I am sure that another will occupy this place.
In any case my enormous gratitude to your collaboration and help and my admiration for your enthusiasm, it is evident that a community that responds with that passion has a bright future.
Thank you.
José Luis García

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, for still supporting Muse Users. I know Muse is EOL and I have been looking hard for a replacement, but NOTHING that I have found will allow me to do what I have done with Muse with anywhere near the speed and creativity. No Thank You to Dreamweaver! I tried that at the beginning and as a graphic designer - my mind just does not work that way. I can do a beautiful site for a small non-profit in no time at all and bring to bear all my photoshop/page layout skills. It does not bother me at all that I cannot expect to be programming big complicated sites in the future, but it is really frustrating that a tool that is perfect for me is being feathered by a company that I have supported since Photoshop one! (I have the poster) I have used After Effects since CoSA and Indesign since Pagemaker but there is no path for me after Muse. Please Adobe . . . have some integrity and sell/give Muse to someone who will upgrade it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Barbara+Mills  wrote

Please Adobe . . . have some integrity and sell/give Muse to someone who will upgrade it.

Muse is like that old comfortable sofa you dragged to the curb and put a sign on that read "take me, I'm free."   But the old sofa still sits there 1 month later because nobody wants it. 

Muse would have  to be re-built from the ground up just to reach today's web standards to say nothing of tomorrow's.   Nobody's interested in incurring those extra costs without real profit potential.  Adobe's bread & butter these days are cloud experiences, not nickel & dime web design. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nancy, I better don‘t say, what I think about your comment.

I can‘t understand, that somebody, who has no(!) idea about how Muse is working, who never was active in Muse’s prerelease period, dares to express such statements. I think the Muse team was a little bit more capable of knowing the essence of building an application than you are. And: Please believe me, that not everybody needs every new „web standard“. As we prove here every single day by offering and explaining real working solutions (and not by spamming the forum with useless code snippets), Muse is actually capable of solving most user issues without any coding, although you always „explain“ us the opposite (most of your „solutions“ don‘t work in Muse, and you should know it).

I think, in most cases you don‘t contribute to solve the Muse user‘s problems at all, but you simply confuse them. You leave it to us to help and jump onto the train afterwards to give cheap advices („learn coding!“).

But I am more than tired to react on your contributions. I am inclined to ask you: What do we have to pay, to keep you out if this community?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would pay good money for something like Muse - and yes we know it's ALL about money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines