• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tumblr blog widget not working

Explorer ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody help me with this tumblr widget from muse themes?

Adobe Muse Blog Widget from MuseThemes | Mumblr

When I integrate it into the Adobe Muse, it only works in safari on my Mac. It also does not work on any of the other 3 macs at my work ( works on safari) , or on our PC. But if I ask someone else if they can check the site on their PC they see the blog

Here is the site. There should be blog content there if everything is alright like the picture under

safari.jpg

Her is a message i get when i go to inspect elements in firefox

Mumblr - Version 1.3 - MuseThemes.com

hjem.html:762:13

Loading failed for the <script> with source “http://cathrineme.tumblr.com/api/read/json?callback=jQuery18304520861266146704_1527251612604&_=15272....

hjem.html:1

This site appears to use a scroll-linked positioning effect. This may not work well with asynchronous panning; see https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Performance/ScrollLinkedEffects for further details and to join the discussion on related tools and features!

hjem.html

In chrom: Mumblr - Version 1.3 - MuseThemes.com

hjem.html:1 Refused to execute script from 'https://www.tumblr.com/privacy/consent?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fcathrineme.tumblr.com%2Fapi%2Fread%2Fjs...' because its MIME type ('text/html') is not executable, and strict MIME type checking is enabled.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

did you ask this question to the people that made the cms widget?

as their help page says 2017 is needed I would assume you upgraded Muse to 2018 and that busted the site but perhaps they have a patch... in any event they are the people you need to talk to

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ask this question to the people that made the cms widget?

as their help page says 2017 is needed I would assume you upgraded Muse to 2018 and that busted the site but perhaps they have a patch... in any event they are the people you need to talk to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks!

I have the same problem as you with all my websites where I have worked with the Mumblr widget from Muse Themes.

Problem

Since the new privacy policy became effective and Tumblr activated it on 25.05.2018, Tumblr content will no longer be displayed on external sites.

Solution

I don't have a solution for the problem yet, but I have found out why this is so and can explain the interrelations to you.

Analysis

When you visit the Tumblr site for the first time since the new privacy policy came into effect, you will be taken to a page where you will be asked to accept the new Tumblr Privacy Policy. Once you have accepted them, you can look around on Tumblr as usual. So far nothing special. If you then visit an external website that has a Mumblr widget built in, the Tumblr content will be displayed as usual as well.

But as soon as you visit the same external website for the first time with another device, e.g. your smartphone, you will not see any Tumblr content. Only after you have visited the Tumblr homepage with your smartphone and accepted the new privacy policy, and then visit your external website again, you will see the Tumblr content.

I hope you understand the context. It's a little complicated to explain 😉 But in the end still logical and comprehensible, I hope!

Summary

Theoretically, every visitor to a website where Tumlr content is embedded to, should first see the Tumblr privacy page and click on "accept" to be able to see Tumblr content on the particular website.

Question

How should this ever be done???

I hope I could help you with my considerations and would be very happy if you share every new conclusion in this matter here in the forum!

Regards,

Billy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Billy,

I am having the similar problem like what you had have experienced. Would you mind to share if you have any solution from the forum or support? Thank you.

BillyCampesino73

Regards,

Jude

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jude,

I'm sorry, but I guess this problem will never be solved. You should definitely find another way / another blog-system … or whatever another tool ... and you must forget about tumblr and mumblr …. since the new data policy has been activated.

Sorry I can't help you, but I am far from beeing web designer, or html programmer ... this is definetly not my world 😉

Regards,

Billy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Billy,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I will try and search for another solution.

Regards, Jude

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most sites are on secure servers these days.  To avoid blocked content, the path to your blog feed must point to HTTPS server.  Ordinary HTTP will be blocked by browsers for security reasons.

Go to https://www.whynopadlock.com/ and run your site report to find out where you may have mixed-content.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines