• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typekit fonts and HTML export

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems using Muse's FTP Host to upload to my site's folder at DreamHost. (The site files are coming in at the wrong directory level.) I'll post about that after I do some more tests. In the meanwhile I have to keep developing the site. It's no big problem to Export as HTML and then upload the files through DreamWeaver or FileZilla, but I am concerned about whether or not Typekit fonts will work properly in that case. I'm having some font issues and I'd like to know what Muse's expected behavior is here before I spend too much time testing.

Also, I vaguely remember a passing reference that seemed to imply that choosing FTP Host output had some SEO implications versus Export as HTML. Am I imagining this, or is there something to the recollection. It's hard for me to imagine what difference the two export modes could have re SEO, but web work is not my native habitat, so I could be missing the obvious here.

Thanks!

Richard Hurley

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

I mentioned problems using Muse's FTP Host option to upload files to my remote site on DreamHost. The trick is to use the Site URL as the name of the Folder on Server. This gets the files to the right spot.

I'll see if I can adjust the keywords for this thread, since DreamHost techs didn't have this info in their database and say that Muse users have trouble using FTP Host.

Muse upload dialog.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use muse to upload the site but each to their own.

seo cares that the information is available in the correct place but doesn't give a hoot what software was used to make it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ussnorway. Haven't had a chance to try and get Muse to upload straight to Dreamhost (whose tech people confirm that their Muse-based customers have trouble with this). I'll post when I can get to it.

My main concern is with Typekit font license registration. I assume that Muse has to leave some code to ID a Muse-generated site as being a valid license-holder for Typekit fonts calls. Is this correct? If so, does Muse generate the validation regardless of which way you choose to export?

I can't imagine why Muse wouldn't create identical export files via both means, but as I mentioned, this is not my native habitat. Give me a nice, 150-layer Illustrator file any day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mentioned problems using Muse's FTP Host option to upload files to my remote site on DreamHost. The trick is to use the Site URL as the name of the Folder on Server. This gets the files to the right spot.

I'll see if I can adjust the keywords for this thread, since DreamHost techs didn't have this info in their database and say that Muse users have trouble using FTP Host.

Muse upload dialog.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines