This is the first time I've seen this problem. Some, but not all, of my typekit fonts are not previewing in Design mode in Muse. As a result, my text boxes butt into other elements, etc. The Muse font menu shows the missing font name in brackets, and also lists the font under the "System Fonts (export as image)" section rather than the Web fonts section. What's odd is that in Muse's Preview mode they show up fine; and when publishing to business catalyst they also show up fine. I'm using Muse CC 2018. I'm also using the latest Extensis Suitcase 19.0.5, which at first did not display all my typekit fonts in the Library window; I cleaned the font caches, restarted, and now they are there. I can't think what could be causing this; any help will be appreciated.
That's very weird!
Since when are you facing this issue?
We need some visual references to look further int your into.
A screenshot will do good, can you please attach one?
Ankush, thank you for your prompt response. I use Muse at least weekly,
as I update this site on a weekly basis. I am attaching a screenshot
(01.png) of the Design view, showing selected headline text--if you'll
notice the font menu shows "Lust Didone" in missing font brackets.
You'll also notice that Lust Didone is grouped under System Fonts
(exports as image) as are Calluna and Calluna Sans, the other fonts that
are used in this layout. All three of these fonts are part of my
Typekit, which has been functioning normally until this week.
From where I was in Muse in screenshot 01, I clicked on "Preview" which
brought me to screenshot 02.png -- you'll notice that the fonts are
displaying correctly. I've highlighted some text to show that this is in
fact text and not an image.
Screenshot 03.png shows the web page, also using selection to show that
this is text, not image.
04.png shows my CC menu with synced fonts, and 05.png shows my font
management page. Everything is working except for font display in the
Muse Design window.
For some reason, your screenshots did not come through. Can you upload them to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Drop box and share the link here?
I see the screenshots now.
However, I would like to know what all fonts are there in the web fonts sections.
I could also label as a corrupt preferences issue.
Please try to reset them as shown here - Problems on the very start of using Muse
If the above doesn't work try the steps mentioned in this doc - Troubleshoot font syncing problems in Typekit which will help in troubleshooting any issue with Typekit font syncing.
Let us know if this helps.
Ankush, I am attaching a screenshot showing what fonts are included in
the web fonts section. Raleway is being used in this layout, and appears
normally in the font selection menu and in the Web fonts section,
although Calluna and Lust Didone do not.
I followed the procedure here, renaming preferences, and then
uninstalled/reinstalled Muse. Neither of these strategies worked.
I tried unsyncing and then resyncing Lust Didone, and also turned off C
typesync and then turned it back on. Still nothing.
I added a new font to typekit -- Eloquent JF -- which did not appear in
the Web fonts section, but in the System fonts section.
A little more information -- when I go into Extensis Suitcase, all my
typekit fonts (Lust, Calluna, Raleway, etc) show up in the web fonts
list. The one thing I noticed is that the font that is displaying
correctly -- Raleway -- is a TrueType font; Calluna and Lust are both
Thank you for the info, I am getting in touch with my colleagues in product team to see if they can help in any way.
Will get back to you soon with my study.
Ok thanks. FYI I exported the site from Muse as html, then opened it in Dreamweaver. No font display problems there.
Hello Ankush, it has been over a week since we last corresponded and I
haven't heard from anyone regarding this issue.
Ankush, I solved the problem by going to the Adobe forum, where it seems
many others were having this problem, and the solution was already
established. Go to
~Library/Preferences/com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.2018.0/Local Store, change
the names of any of the "tk" folders to tk(#)_old. Restart Muse and go
to "load web fonts". Problem solved.