• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to clear "Some files on the server may be missing..." msg

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen other answers to this but they have not helped.

(Windows 10 professional w/all updates;  Muse 2017.0.3.20)

This message was raised following the first updates under the newest release only on the production ISP site. It did not appear before those updates. It does not appear on Business Catalyst. The updates were Muse generated HTML updates only, no new widgets or added files. The site does not include third party widgets.

I have tested with various browsers, on different desktop machines, a tablet and phone. It is consistently raised but does not appear to affect site functionality.

I have:

Stated "Replace all files" for all updates using Muse FTP.

Repeatedly closed and reopened Muse as I tried to find a work-around.

Exported the site to a local directory and replaced the ISP files with those local files using Filezilla.

Used a site backup of my files (not a download of the entire site including Muse added files) from a week ago before I made any changes whatever. This used files that were uploaded without error when created. The error msg was still raised.

Since my WiFi was common for all this, on the chance that my ISP was buffering files I looked at the site using my phone's Verizon data link. Still present.

Changed <key>SuppressMissingFileError</key> to <true/> as suggested elsewhere.

I reinstalled Muse but kept local application data.

I can't think of anything else and hope someone else has ideas. ..

www.clermontcountykc.org

Tom Woolf

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should have added this error appears only on the phone version with some browsers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to latest version. I'm getting "Missing File Error" message on any of the sites I update. I thought this update was exactly for this reason. Clients getting upset when logging onto their sites. Please help with this. PS...this message appears on every browser we've tried. Also, doesn't discriminate...still happens on desktops, tablets and phones.

Muse has slowed down measurably. We now use the newest IMacs 27" loaded up with memory, less than a year old.

However, the problem we're having is uploading changes to sites. To just use (modified) - most of the time doesn't update site. We have made several attempts with some success uploading the entire site.  Note: We have checked and cleared and updated server side of things with little change in results.

Please let us know what we can do to fix this.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

publish your site to Adobe BC as a free test page... does the error go away = talk to your host

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

While my hosting ISP does allow file caching it's under user control and I've had it turned off for years. Makes checking updates"interesting" sometimes if it's on. (I did verify caching is turned off.)

It would also be strange if something changed on the host at the exact time I did an update but I suppose anything is possible.

However, as Ron points out above, the last update marked this as fixed and the knowledgebase item referring to the key change for "SuppressMissingFileError" supposedly disables raising the message regardless of other problems.

It doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem since latest Muse update.

Tried all recommended steps with the exception of contacting my hosting provider about caching and permissions.

Deleted files with FTP app and then Uploaded full site(s) via FTP. No change.

Testing sites in Business catalyst also have same problem.

Desperate for a solution that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks. Yes, that does seem to clear it.

Strange. It was obvious the first time I set the key that Muse would only read it on open so I went back, saw it had changed after the close and repeatedly checked it before trying various upload permutations.

Apparently I missed the correct one because on checking for key = true this morning and after uploading all files the problem is apparently gone.

Or maybe it's because the files needed to be loaded after the Northern Hemisphere Summer Solstice at 12:09 Am EDT...

Anyway, my users will be so-o-o happy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went through every step again. Not seeing error messages on my Mac now.

Waiting for feedback from clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming. Also, can you let us know if you have updated to the latest version of Muse?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I updated about 3 days ago. I do have the suspicion that an asset with a broken link may have contributed. In my case it may have been user error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines