• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to generate thumbnail SVG import

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i try an import an svg shape into muse i get a checked box with the unable to generate thumbnail message.

the svg I'm importing was made in illustrator and is 1024 px X 9567px - the vector graphic is a background element of the website I'm making.

The SVG is visible in browser and preview mode, any ideas why its not visible in design mode?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to reduce the size?

If it is a vector SVG, a minimal fraction of these exorbitant pixel dimensions should be more than enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if i reduce the size of the graphic in illustrator and copy and paste it in, it works. but if i enlarge it to full size in muse it goes back to the unable to generate thumbnail message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is „full size“ in your eyes?

And, by the way, I‘d never paste an image/an illustration from another application. Why not save and place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

point taken, Im experiencing the same with a placed svg, once its over a certain size in muse design mode, it doesn't seem to display. I have placed the svg at actual size 1024 X 9567px, (only visible once its been made smaller in muse)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You  are really trying to place an image with 1024 x 9567(!!) pixel dimensions? Do you want to display your homepage on a cinema scope movie screen?

Concerning pixel sizes, please read post #4  in this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1793996

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines