• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Muse due to uninstaller missing

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to untinstall muse from my pc as I used it for uni and don't need it anymore, however if I try to uninstall it I gat the message that the Uninstaller vannot be found. Anyway to get this installer from somewhere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as on Mac I guess, so run the CC, where you can see all apps, installed on your computer, watch out for apps and then, see my screenshot for it - means - click the three dotted menu and keep on as asked.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-24 um 21.21.10.png

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. To uninstall/install software, you need a computer user profile with administrative level permissions.

2. You say you obtained this package from your university?  If yes, contact the school's IT dept for assistance with removal of the package. 

3. If you installed the software yourself on a Win10 PC, go to Control Panel > System Settings > Add/Remove programs.  Or as Uwe said, uninstall Muse from your Creative Cloud desktop app.  Scroll down to Muse.  Click the 3 dots icon.  Select Uninstall.

image.png

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, it doesn't show up anywhere in CC, I thought it might be the other account (was a uni team and I was a boardmember at the time) but got the details from that account and still no muse showing up in my cc.

Kind of annoying that you can't just remove a program. Because no I have no way to remove it as it's not on any of the accounts that I use and therefore can't uninstall anything.

@nancy, Step 3 is what I did, then I recieve the message that the uninstaller is not found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you get the CC-App running on your computer? Have you set it up to show older apps as well? And in your folders, where the app is placed you do not have this?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-02 um 18.17.16.png

It should not be a "uninstaller.png" of course. This is just an image (not in computer language but in photographers language.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Universities are on Enterprise plans, not individual plans. Different rules apply which require you to seek help from your IT dept. 

2. If Muse isn't installed on your system, there's nothing to uninstall. 

3. To remove software from Windows 10, go to Control Panel > System Settings > Add/Remove Programs.

4. Unless you have a PAID individual subscription to CC ALL APPS plan, you will not see older versions as an option.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines