• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unjoin Menu Items

Contributor ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can menu items be unjoined or split? For instance, in a horizontal menu, the Home menu item on the left side while having the About and Contact menu items together on the right side? I find that unchecking Edit Together does not allow moving the menu items apart.

An example of how I would like to do this is attached (my son did a mockup in squarespace) Ellen Michaud represents the Home menu.Homepage heading MM.jpeg

TOPICS
How to , Widget

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why "unjoining" a menu? You can solve your issue easily by

• using 2 or more menu widgets,
  • using any element as a button with a link to a specific page,
  • mixing buttons and menus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add, that this has to be done with a manual-mode-menu, of course - beside the "using any element as a button with a link to a specific page," from Guenter.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, Uwe, unfortunately a manual menu won’t help, because it doesn’t allow differet gaps/width between single entries.

And this would be necessary it you want 2 entries to the right and one to the left of the page.

So: Two menu widgets or single link buttons or a mix of both does the trick! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines