• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted Horizontal scroll bar in browser preview

New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya! Let me start this off by saying this is like my second website I'm making in muse, the first one being a trying out stuff site.

I am now making a site for my new portfolio/resumé which I am gonna put in use soon, BUT;

I seriously don't get Breakpoints (which might make this a whole different story/question)

and when I preview in the browser, it adds a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom, and when you go to the right side of the site, the whole background image is shifted and scaled up (and yes I have tried pushing some buttons, but it didn't help the problem).

By the way, this is just the beginning of the site, I dont have a menu yet and I only made the landing and the "About me" part, also try to be so noob friendly as you can , I seriously dont know the name of everything in Muse since I just started using it. Thanks!

My project: https://adobe.ly/2FReqLH

And also, I made a prototype in Adobe XD for what its gonna need to look like: https://xd.adobe.com/view/4e8d8319-c34c-4d8b-81a5-ac977912487b?hints=off  (font used is Mermaid)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Hey there,

I would also suggest you to consider the suggestion made by our esteemed web expert above.

However, still to help with Muse I would first ask you to go through and understand this tutorial - Create a responsive website.

Later in your site please make sure that all the objects should confine within the white space failing to which might cause issues.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be terribly offended if I showed you how to quickly build your site responsively with Bootstrap & Dreamweaver? 

I ask because you're still new to Muse and  hopefully don't have a lot invested in it. yet  In case you haven't heard, Muse is no longer being developed. 

Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there,

I would also suggest you to consider the suggestion made by our esteemed web expert above.

However, still to help with Muse I would first ask you to go through and understand this tutorial - Create a responsive website.

Later in your site please make sure that all the objects should confine within the white space failing to which might cause issues.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines