• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update 2018.1 - that's all?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version of Muse comes along with "Copy & paste attributes". Wow.

After half a year of developing, that's all?! I'm amazed.

Seriously, I can't get over it, that the Muse developers were not able of implementing a function for copying content from desktop to tablet and from tablet to phone within years. We still have to copy all the content of each page to the other device page. And where is the problem to make every text an instance which needs to be edited once to update the text on each device automatically?

We need to give each text some kind of name by hand to make it an instance. Why not adressing it like "text1", "text2", "text3" by default in the background? Copy the content from desktop to tablet and the text fields will be editable on the fly. If an instance is deleted on any device, no prob. The syntax will stay for the other ones.

Ya, you might argue, that fully responsive design only displays one text with different states. But that's not what I sell. All those jumping texts and pictures while scaling the browser are confusing to many users, especially to elder people. You scale the browser and the navigation or your content moves out of sight. Is that usability? That's why I always optimize the pages for each device, separately. The content stays where it is. Let's be honest - how often do you scale your browser window when surfing? This was an argument for my customers to choose my kind of work instead of wordpress or other solutions.

You tried to copy this jumping site responsive design instead of promoting and developing the straight way of consequent device adaption. Well, this might be a separate discussion, but you were not able to make responsive design work properly with reasonable effort, neither comfortable work flow for the design of each device version. Disappointing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what i was thinking! What an awful update!!!!! Very angry at Adobe!!!! boycottadobe​

https://www.change.org/p/adobe-systems-adobe-do-not-discontinue-muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your suggestion, but I would appreciate to keep on working with Muse.

By changing to another tool I would have to create new websites for over 40 companies (some with over 150 pages) without the possibility to charge them for my work. I can't tell them "Muse is not supported anymore, but let me build the whole site again in whatever".

I always argued with the reliability of Adobe. What if I tell my customers "Pay again, you get the same, but I can't guarantee that the new tool will be available tomorrow. Let's see, what happens. Otherwise I can build the site again with another tool...ah, yes, you will have to pay again."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines