• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating OS and compatibility with Muse

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm currently on Sierra (10.12) and need to upgrade to at least 10.13 to run various CC programs.

NOW how far can I upgrade and still be able to use MUSE?

TOPICS
End of life , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can update to the newest version of macOS (Catalina). There is a new version of Muse (2018.1.1.), which assures compatibility. But even the previous version of Muse (2018.1) is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that - just after posting I managed to chat with Adobe and they confirmed what you say. But many thanks for the response. My IT guy suggests that I only go up to High-Sierra at present as there may be other issues (but that's just for my set-up not with the OS).

Thanks again - Tosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your IT guy is right.  Many Mac users are having 2nd thoughts about the Catalina upgrade  and wishing they had remained on Mojave.  If/when you decide to upgrade to Catalina, be sure to uninstall your old 32-bit apps beforehand. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/fix-macos-64-bit-compatibility-errors.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why on earth should one do this? 32 bit apps don't desturb the function of Catilina at all, and you can deinstall these apps after the installation of Catilina.

Another question is, to install Catilina, if you urgently need a 32 bit application. Under "About/System Report" these apps are listed and you can check it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you ask the upper management team at Adobe why they recommend this in their help articles and on the Get Started and Community Help forums. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/fix-macos-64-bit-compatibility-errors.html

Uninstall 32-bit apps before upgrading to Catalina

Before you upgrade to Catalina, we recommend that you uninstall your 32-bit Adobe apps. Older uninstallers are also 32-bit apps and don't work in Catalina. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need for me to ask Adobe(!), how to handle 32 bit applications on Apple’s(!) macOS. Believe me, I know, what I am saying about my operationg system. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines