• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade resulting in corrupted site?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In preparation for promoting my work on Facebook, I made a change to some text in my site yesterday and saved with the most recent version of Muse. I haven't made any changes to this site previous to the upgrade. My site now has a lot of issues and I have a deadline so am a bit panicked.

The whole site sticks to the left.  "Stretch to browser width" is still selected.

Part of the slideshow sticks to the side like the header slide show but one image in the slide show seems to be in the correct position if everything else had stayed place. It's supposed to be centered.

I don't know where to start to fix this. Did this happen because of the upgrade? Did I unknowingly do something to create this? I need a starting point to know how to fix it.

This is the site:

CynthiaWellsPortfolio

Thanks. Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page is heavily shifting in horzontal direction. Please read this document: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8953

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gunter, I checked for that before I posted. I saw no elements outside or overlapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? I can see one heavily misplaced image at first glance (the one, linking to vampires).

But this only seems to be one of more reasons.

Please share a .muse file with us, which demonstrates your issue. Important: Delete all pages but one. In the slide show on top, delete all images but one. Additionally try to delete as much images on this page as possible. This will help us to analyse your file and not to waste time by excessive download times.

Upload this reduced file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service, following these recommendations: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'vee deleted all pages except the first page and was trying to delete assets from the header slideshow and keep getting crashes. Reports have been sent. I copied the site to Market Downloads. The only link that will let me create a public link is the Slack link and it is requiring a sign in. I haven't seen this product before. It doesn't appear to be an adobe product. Third party? I've jumped thru it's hoops and now...Can you please tell me why I'm not able to share directly thru Creative cloud? Why I can only create a public link by using Slack?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don‘t understand, what you are saying …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to get a public link in Creative Cloud to share the file without using the Slack link. A site that I had to share a lot of info with (that CC already has). Slack looks to be a third party program.

I would like to know why the "Slack" option was my only option to file share on CC

Here's my Dropbox link to the Muse file:

Dropbox - MUSE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are tons of elements outside the page/breakpoint boundaries. Didn’t you read my above link?

Screen.jpg

In some breakpoints the slide show thumbnails are browser pinned and therefore shift over other page elements.

Please correct these issues, before we can talk about other problems (if there are any …)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I read your above link. I don't think you read my original query. Before the upgrade the thumbnails were not outside of the breakpoint width!!!

• The site was functioning properly.
  • The problems only occurred after I saved a type change in the "About". This happened days ago - after the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrading often leads to issues, because pinning is rarely necessary in the most current version of muse.

Therefore it is very useful (and often discussed in this forum) to first open the file and save it as a new version, even if it is not necessary anymore, as muse now saves former versions as new versions. This may depend on which "former" version you have used in the original file.

As Günter Heißenbüttel​ wrote, you have some pinning issues. Maybe they did`t appear in your original file but now they do and so you should fix it. As muse gets more and more responsive, it also changes these settings.

It is hard to believe that muse did the pinning of the thumbs by itself, btw .

So the upgrade doesn`t fix the issues and all elements by itself but need proper "take care" of all elements in all breakpoints, I`m afraid.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder​: The main issue besides pinning of the thumbnails, is defining them to be „free form“. Unchecking this might correct in in a second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I read your query! But didn’t you answer my statement „Your page is heavily shifting in horizontal direction““ in your post 2 with: "I checked for that before I posted. I saw no elements outside or overlapping“. I saw them (post 2 and 3), and proofed this in post 7, after looking at your file.

I said this, not because I refered to your assumption „update corrupted my site“, because you yourself seemed to be unsure about this: „Did I unknowingly something to create this?“ We will never be able to find the culprit, therefore I tried to look forward and told you, what is wrong.

Perhaps this was a conversion glitch, but correcting it, is a matter of minutes. Knowing the culprit, unfortunately doesn’t really help …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't implying that Muse "pinned by itself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing anything out of place when I view the design screen in Muse. I've re checked the page I've uploaded as well as my full Muse site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

geoffw44841429  schrieb

I am not seeing anything out of place when I view the design screen in Muse. I've re checked the page I've uploaded as well as my full Muse site.

• „I have checked the page I’ve uploaded …“ (screencast):

• „I have checked […] my full Muse site  (again the screenshot):

Screen.jpg

Did you really check every breakpoint?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I checked every breakpoint. Preran marked your comments as helpful but I do not find it helpful at all. I am not seeing what you are seeing in my Muse file. I need someone who can respond seriously to the issues I'm reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the file you provided.

But as you think, I don‘t respond seriously … bye bye! May someone else spend her/his time …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another unserious respond:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-01 um 08.07.41.png

Let me add, that a breakpoint at 321 really makes no sense, seriously . As your minimum width is already set to 320.

What should happen between these two breakpoints?

You pinned your slideshow to the browser window:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-01 um 08.16.17.png

It shows like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-01 um 08.14.48.png

Above this slideshow there´s a huge white space.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-01 um 08.15.55.png

I keep with my origin post and recommend to go through all elements from breakpoint to breakpoint and watch pinnings and where it is placed.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines