• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploaded new site to Bluehost via Filezilla getting Error 404 to several pages when navigating from a "child page".

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Muse and just published my first site. Some of the fonts are rendering differently than in the working version, but that might be an easy fix. My main problem is that when I navigate to a child page and attempt to use the menu to get back "home", I get the error 404 message. Any suggestions/help appreciated.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

I figured out what the problem was. The child page that I created had a "html" extension. When I exported the html to my desktop to do the ftp upload, I didn't rename the file "htm". Once I changed that and uploaded the changes, the website now performs correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing anything about teh actual site structure and how everything is linked nobody can tell you much. Sounds like you use some absolute references that would need to be adapted for every page's menu. Provide screenshots and additional info how it's set up in Muse.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'll add screenshots later today. But briefly, I used a Muse template to build the site; the site has one main page with no master. I added a "child page" to the main page. On the live page, I can navigate to the added page but not back to the main page from the child page. Hopefully this helps, if not, I'll add screen shots after work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured out what the problem was. The child page that I created had a "html" extension. When I exported the html to my desktop to do the ftp upload, I didn't rename the file "htm". Once I changed that and uploaded the changes, the website now performs correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines