Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploaded PDF isn't updating

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not a muse guru.  I just use it for my freelancing website.  I have a link to my CV in PDF form (the link is basically /assets/resume.pdf) on my website and several buttons across my website link to this URL so I don't want to have to change several links every time I update my CV.

I recently updated my CV on my computer, deleted the old asset and relinked to the new asset of the same name.  But the uploaded PDF (/assets/resume.pdf) is still the old CV, no matter what I do. Again, I really don't want to have to change my CV name every time I update it.  So if anyone can tell me how to update this link that would be great!

Thanks!

Bethany Taylor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

I think (hope) you are using the built in "Publish" command in Muse to upload your site.

Try this:

• What happens, if you clear the browser cache before opening your site?

• When you upload your site to Businesscatalyst, choose the option "All files" instead of "Only modified Files".

Could you give us the link to your site, so we can see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must do something wrong! What you want to achieve, is definitely possible and very simple:

• I assume, you have linked a PDF to a button, image, text or whatever, and it appears in your „Assets“ panel labeled as „Upload“.
  • Modify your PDF or replace your PDF with another one named equally.
  • Open the .muse file, which links to this PDF and republish it.

Or (not so comfortable)

• Create a new PDF file using the same name and replace it directly on your hosting server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Gunter.  I have done it just as you described but when the file has the same file name, it isnt updating online.  If I click on 'resume' on my website it links to .../assets/resume.pdf and the PDF at that link is the old file which I replaced and deleted  before republishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe business catalyst.  Do I maybe need to find the asset on there and physically delete it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think (hope) you are using the built in "Publish" command in Muse to upload your site.

Try this:

• What happens, if you clear the browser cache before opening your site?

• When you upload your site to Businesscatalyst, choose the option "All files" instead of "Only modified Files".

Could you give us the link to your site, so we can see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!  It was my browser!  Clearing the cache and using another browser both showed the correct resume!  Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines