• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploaded to ftp host, getting 404 error - page not found

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My website is http://kevinthomsondesign.com I am building it using Muse, hosting is through fatcow.com. I followed the ftp host instructions and have uploaded my website (used CC2017 current version). The file manager in my host site shows that everything uploaded accordingly, but the site is not showing up. What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

The team is aware of this issue and is investigating a fix. I will post a workaround solution here as soon as I hear from them.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I watched this:  Adobe Muse CC 2014 Tutorial | Custom 404 Error Page - YouTube ​This could maybe help a little to create a more comfortable 404 error page.

It has to do something with the c:panel on your hosting companies ftp server, there you can create a custom made error page.

Not exactly what you want, but maybe it helps you out.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution? I have the same issue, only my main pages work fine but not any sub level pages!

Go to Gallery> and click ANY photo to see the rest of the album

It does work for my business catalyst: http://ajp010.businesscatalyst.comhttp://ajp010.businesscatalyst.com/

Does not work on: www.ashleyjphoto.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

your gallery doesn't work because many links begin with a uppercase letter and should begin with a lowercase letter.

Examples:

You wrote Herrington_on_the_bay_wedding.html and this doesn't work, but herrington_on_the_bay_wedding.html works well.

Same here:: Lifestyle_family_session.html  (doesn't work) vs. lifestyle_family_session.html (works)

The page ceresville_mansion_wedding.html is ok.

For web servers a lowercase adress isn't the same as an uppercase adress (By the way: In Windows this doesn't matter.)

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not 100% working on businesscatalyst.com

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-20 um 22.27.30.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-20 um 22.26.32.png

The rest of the pages seem to work on businesscatalyst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,
I have the same problem.
With FileZilla all is OK but with Muse it's catastrophic, a festival of 404!
Other problem in case of update some files of the site, if I transfer only modified files I have a cascade of 404 even with FileZilla,

I must transfer ALL again!
It is really boring.
I hope a quick solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines